Lower Your 2020 Chevrolet Trax Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If you are a novice to online auto insurance shopping, by this point your are probably confused of insurance providers competing for your business.
What impacts Chevy Trax insurance prices?
Lots of things are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving record, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower insurance prices.
- Pay less with a high IIHS safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have lower insurance rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates. If the Chevy Trax scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Marriage equates to better rates – Having a wife or husband may earn you lower rates on insurance. It usually means you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Add-on coverages you don’t need – Insurance companies have many add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for personal injury protection, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
- Put fewer miles on your vehicle – The higher the miles on your Chevy each year the more you will pay for insurance. Almost all companies charge rates based upon how much you drive. Cars that are left in the garage get more affordable rates than cars that get driven a lot. Make sure your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because it can save money. A policy that improperly rates your Trax can cost quite a bit.
- Insurance rates and your employer – Occupational choices like fire fighterspolice officers and stock brokers generally pay the highest rates in part from intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, professions such as actors, students and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average on Trax insurance.
Take advantage of these discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get substantially lower prices.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a discount up to 10% on Trax insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Trax insurance than drivers with accidents.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Larger insurance coverage companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, and driver’s education.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers may have discounts that include multi-car, new car, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, save driver, and payment discounts.
- American Family has savings for good driver, defensive driver, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, accident-free, and early bird.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for multi-policy, new vehicle discount, newly married, hybrid vehicle, safety features, multi-car, and newly retired.
Check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts, enter your zip code here.
Truth in insurance coverage advertising
Big name companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads in print and on television. They all try to convey promises about savings just by switching to their company. How is it plausible that every one can give you a better price? This is how they do it.
Companies offer their best rates for the driver that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable customer might be described as over the age of 35, owns a home, and has great credit. Any new insured who matches those parameters will get very good car insurance rates and as a result will probably save some money.
Consumers who are not a match for those criteria must pay higher premium rates and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s the way companies can truthfully make claims like that. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to do a quote comparison often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know the company that will provide you with the cheapest prices.
When buying coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and enter your zip code.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, hospital visits, pain medications and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Trax.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a broken windshield, vandalism and theft. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged propery.
Liability coverage protects against claims like court costs, medical services, emergency aid, repair costs for stationary objects and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Shop smart and save
You just read many ideas to lower your 2020 Chevy Trax insurance car insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper insurance. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from a small mutual company.
The cheapest 2020 Chevy Trax insurance is available both online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many situations where an insured dropped full coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your goal is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance information can be found by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area