Cheapest 2020 Dodge Journey Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Dodge Journey insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance coverage rates so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Dodge and locate the best price possible.
Lower rate quotes by getting these five discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with cheaper insurance coveragerates.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance coverage policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, bundle discounts, good student, multi-car, business and professional, teen driver, and mature driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, five-year accident-free, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for good driver, multi-vehicle, good student, air bags, bundled insurance, and defensive driver.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, multi-policy, anti-theft, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, good student, and family plan.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your area.
How to lower your insurance cost
Lowering your 2020 Dodge Journey insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only requirement is to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free insurance quotes to find the company with low cost insurance quotes. Shoppers can get rates in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The fastest way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison. This method eliminates the need for repetitive form entry for every prospective company. A single, simple form gets you coverage quotes from many national carriers. Just one form and you’re done.
- A harder way to find better pricing is going to each company’s website and get a separate price quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want to view quotes from GEICO, Allstate and GMAC. To find out each rate you need to navigate to each company’s site and punch in your information repeatedly, which is why the first method is more popular.
- The least efficient way to quote and compare insurance rates to local insurance agencies. The fact that you can get quotes online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional assistance that you can only get from talking to an agent. Although, it is possible compare the best prices online but still have the advice of a local agent.
The method you choose is up to you, but ensure you are comparing the same information on every quote you get. If the quotes have different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2020 Dodge Journey?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your Journey caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for bills for things like chiropractic care, ambulance fees and nursing services. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Dodge Journey.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverages – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, fire damage and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as emergency aid, legal defense fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
A fool and his money are soon parted
Cheap 2020 Dodge Journey insurance can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers work with independent agents.
People leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, high prices, delays in responding to claim requests or denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
We just showed you many tips how you can shop for 2020 Dodge Journey insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheap auto insurance rates for a 2020 Dodge Journey in 2023?
You can find cheap auto insurance rates for a 2020 Dodge Journey by entering your ZIP code on our website and using the free quote tool. It will provide you with quotes from different companies, giving you more chances to save.
Are the discounts mentioned applicable to the overall cost of the policy?
No, most discounts only apply to specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. They can help reduce the cost of those specific coverages but won’t make the entire policy free.
How can I lower my insurance cost for a 2020 Dodge Journey?
You can lower your insurance cost by comparing free insurance quotes from different companies. Spend a few minutes on the computer to find the company with the lowest rates.
How do I know what auto insurance coverage is best for me?
The best way to determine the right coverage for your vehicles is to consider your specific needs. If you’re unsure, it’s recommended to talk to a licensed insurance agent who can provide valuable advice based on your situation.
What are the different types of coverages in an insurance policy?
Common coverages include collision coverage (for damage from collisions), medical payments and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) coverage (for medical bills), uninsured and underinsured coverage (protection against drivers without insurance), and comprehensive coverage (for non-collision damage like theft or fire).
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area