Dodge Dodge Journey Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of sacrificing other expenses to pay your car insurance bill each month? You are no different than many other drivers. You have so many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and even though it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to do price comparisons before your next renewal because car insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rates for Journey insurance a few years ago you may be paying too much now. You’ll find a ton of advice on car insurance on the web, but in this article, you’re going to get some great ways to find cheap car insurance.
How to buy car insurance online
Reducing your 2018 Dodge Journey insurance rates isn’t really that difficult. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free auto insurance quotes online with multiple companies. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The most recommended method to get the best comparison quotes would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms for every car insurance company. One simple form gets prices estimates from multiple companies.
- A more time consuming way to obtain and compare quotes online requires visiting the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to view quotes from USAA, 21st Century and GEICO. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which can get rather old. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits on every price quote you get. If you compare different coverage information it will be nearly impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
More affordable rates with these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will qualify for a discount on a auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Discount – People who choose to allow driving data collection to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they show good driving skills.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison to bad drivers.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching companies prior to the expiration date on your current policy. You could save around 10% when you buy auto insurance online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies will give a small break get auto insurance online.
Policy discounts save money, but most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce your overall premium however.
A list of insurance coverage companies and some of their more popular discounts can be found below.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-policy, renewal discount, multi-vehicle, good student, and youthful driver.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include teen driver discount, preferred payment discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, newly married, and newly retired.
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, good driver, anti-theft, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may include discounts for group or association, safe vehicle, paperless, mature driver, student away at school, air bags, and teen driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, air bags, military active duty, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has discounts for multi-car, anti-theft, safe driver, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, homeowner, and accident prevention training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. To find insurers that offer multiple discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance can be complex
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2018 Dodge Journey to commute?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a Dodge Journey
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills for things like chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like fire damage, hitting a deer, theft, vandalism and a broken windshield. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area