2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 are $1,808 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs an estimated $450, collision costs $810, and liability costs $390. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $452 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,910. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $6,438 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,808
Rate estimates for 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $452 for just liability coverage to a much higher rate of $3,910 for a high risk driver.
These differences highlight why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC 300 Insurance
No car owner likes buying auto insurance, especially when they know the cost is too high.
With so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s difficult to pick a lower cost insurance company.
It’s important to compare premium rates quite often because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price on SLC-Class insurance a year ago you can probably find a better rate now. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to save on auto insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Just about everyone who is required by state law to have auto insurance should be able to find better rates. But vehicle owners must comprehend the methods companies use to market insurance on the web and use this information to your advantage.
Save a ton with discounts
Insurance coverage is not inexpensive, but you can get discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be specially asked for before being credited.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates on SLC-Class insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- College Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers may qualify for lower premium rates on SLC-Class insurance.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study vehicle usage remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can save up to 30% since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Have your child sucessfully take a drivers education course in high school.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving less may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The best insurance coverage companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, driver’s education, defensive driving training, student away at school, and multiple autos.
- Nationwide has savings for family plan, multi-policy, business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, good student, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, membership and employees, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and seat belt use.
- AAA discounts include good student, anti-theft, education and occupation, good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts for air bags, early bird, good student, theft prevention, defensive driver, and student driver.
- The Hartford has discounts for anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your area. To see providers that provide some of the discounts listed above, enter your zip code here.
Insurance quotes comparison
The majority of larger companies provide pricing direct online. This process is fairly straightforward as you just type in on the page. Once entered, their system pulls credit information and your driving record and returns pricing information based on these and other factors. Quoting online makes it easy to compare insurance prices but the time it takes to visit different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit repetitive. But it’s also necessary to do this in order to find a lower rate.
The better way to compare rates
A better way to compare insurance pricing utilizes a single form to obtain quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes online quotes much more enjoyable and efficient. After your information is entered, your coverage is rated and you can choose any or none of the returned quotes. If you find a better price you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. It takes less than 15 minutes and may result in a nice savings.
To find out what other companies charge, simply enter your zip code here and begin entering your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you input coverages and limits just like they are on your policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
Insurance prices are influenced by these factors
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” auto insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your vehicle from being stolen.
- No policy gaps is important – Not maintaining insurance is illegal and companies may charge more for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Adjust deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, damage caused by hail, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles define how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on SLC-Class insurance.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better drivers. Males and females tend to get into auto accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are the most expensive to insure and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Certain occupations raise auto insurance rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like military generalsairline pilots and dentists generally have higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress levels and lots of time spent away from family. Other occupations such as actors, historians and retirees generally pay rates lower than average on SLC-Class insurance.
- Your age impacts your premiums – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Obey driving laws and save – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Getting just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Careful drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who have gotten dangerous violations such as DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Safer cars save money – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates means your insurance company pays less and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov it may cost less to insure.
What is the best insurance coverage coverage?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete your zip code.
Auto insurance buyers beware
Companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. All the ads try to convey promises that people will save if you move your auto insurance coverage to their company. How can each company offer you a better deal? It’s all in how they say it.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that earns them the most money. An example of a profitable insured could possibly be over the age of 45, has no prior claims, and has a short commute. Any customer who fits that profile receives the best premium rates and will also save if they switch.
People who are not a match for these standards may be required to pay higher rates with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. The trick companies use is to say “customers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully make claims like that. This emphasizes why you should compare price quotes frequently. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Specific coverage details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverage types found on the average car insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, medical services, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage covers damage to your SLC-Class from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, dental work, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and nursing services. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, fire damage, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Summing up your auto insurance search
In this article, we covered many tips how you can reduce 2020 Mercedes-Benz SLC-Class insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper car insurance. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When searching for inexpensive car insurance quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,859|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,093|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$142|
|5-yr Claim Free||$119|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$90|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.