Cheapest 1990 Pontiac Firebird Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 28, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Pontiac Firebird? Finding the cheapest insurance for your Pontiac Firebird can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to make it easier.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the best way to price shop coverage on a Pontiac and find the cheapest rates.
Shopping for the lowest cost auto insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates while maximizing coverage. Drivers only need to know the most effective way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Cut prices on 1990 Pontiac Firebird insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Firebird coverage.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off on Firebird coverage depending on your company.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
The easiest way to compare car insurance company rates is to know most of the bigger providers allow for online access to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide a little information including the make and model of your vehicles, your job, driver details, and if it has an anti-theft system. That rating information is instantly sent to multiple auto insurance providers and they return quotes almost instantly.
To find the cheapest insurance rates, click here and enter your coverage details.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for things like hospital visits, pain medications, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1990 Pontiac Firebird.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Firebird resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability – Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid, attorney fees, medical expenses and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Save your cold hard cash
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims and even poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cheaper 1990 Pontiac Firebird insurance is definitely available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented many ideas to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1990 Pontiac Firebird?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1990 Pontiac Firebird, there are a few steps you can take:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare their rates.
- Increase your deductible: Opting for a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but keep in mind that you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based policies that track your driving habits and provide discounts based on your driving behavior.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any available discounts such as multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, or discounts for anti-theft devices.
What factors affect the insurance cost for a 1990 Pontiac Firebird?
Several factors can influence the insurance cost for a 1990 Pontiac Firebird. The most common factors include:
- Age and driving history: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically face higher premiums, as do those with a history of accidents or traffic violations.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live. Areas with higher crime rates or greater traffic congestion may result in higher premiums.
- Vehicle value and repair costs: The value of your 1990 Pontiac Firebird and the cost to repair it will impact your insurance premium.
- Safety features: Having safety features like airbags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft devices can lower your insurance costs.
- Usage and mileage: The amount you drive your vehicle and the purpose it serves (e.g., personal use, commuting, business) can affect your insurance rates.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a classic car like the 1990 Pontiac Firebird?
es, insuring a classic car like the 1990 Pontiac Firebird may have some unique considerations:
- Agreed value coverage: Classic cars often have an agreed value policy, where you and the insurance company agree on the car’s value upfront. This ensures you’ll be adequately compensated in the event of a covered loss.
- Limited mileage: Some classic car policies have mileage restrictions, typically to protect the car’s value. Make sure you understand any limitations on how much you can drive the vehicle.
- Storage and security: Insurance providers may require secure storage for classic cars, such as a locked garage, to protect against theft or damage.
- Specialized coverage options: Classic car insurance may offer coverage for spare parts, restoration, or special modifications. It’s important to discuss these options with your insurance provider.
Are there any discounts available specifically for insuring a 1990 Pontiac Firebird?
While specific discounts can vary depending on the insurance company, there are some common discounts that may apply to insuring a 1990 Pontiac Firebird:
- Multi-car discount: If you insure multiple vehicles with the same insurance company, you may qualify for a multi-car discount.
- Safe driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record without accidents or violations can often lead to lower premiums.
- Anti-theft device discount: Equipping your Pontiac Firebird with anti-theft devices, such as an alarm system or GPS tracking, may result in a discount.
- Membership discounts: Some insurance companies offer discounts to members of certain organizations or professional groups, so it’s worth inquiring about any affiliations that might apply to you.
How can I get an insurance quote for my 1990 Pontiac Firebird?
Getting an insurance quote for your 1990 Pontiac Firebird is a straightforward process. Here are a few common methods:
- Contact insurance providers directly: Reach out to insurance companies by phone or visit their websites to request a quote. Be prepared to provide information about your vehicle, driving history, and personal details.
- Use online insurance comparison tools: Various websites offer insurance comparison tools that allow you to enter your information once and receive quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Consult with an insurance agent or broker: Insurance agents or brokers can help guide you through the process, provide personalized advice, and obtain quotes from multiple insurers on your behalf.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area