Pontiac Pontiac Firebird Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 26, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance rates for your Pontiac Firebird? Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy overpriced insurance? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one. Many insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and get the definite lowest price
How to Get Auto Insurance
Getting a lower price on 1996 Pontiac Firebird insurance is not rocket science. All that’s required is to invest a little time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. Just one form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- Another way to get quotes online is going to the website for each individual company and request a quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from Progressive, Farmers and State Farm. To find out each rate you need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which is why most consumers use the first method. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way to compare rates is to spend time driving to local insurance agencies. Shopping for auto insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the professional advice of a local agent. You can, however, find lower rates online but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using identical coverages and limits for every company. If you use mixed coverages it will be next to impossible to find the best deal for your Pontiac Firebird.
These discounts can slash insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be applied when you quote, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for reduced rates on Firebird coverage.
- Club Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization could trigger savings when buying insurance on Firebird coverage.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Firebird coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurers with the best insurance discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance policy coverages for a 1996 Pontiac Firebird
Having a good grasp of car insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, medical services, court costs, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses like dental work, doctor visits, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like a broken windshield, hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This pays for damage to your Firebird from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, rolling your car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Pontiac Firebird.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area