Cheapest 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 28, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want lower insurance rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Are you confused by the wide range of insurance companies? You’re not alone. Drivers have so many options that it can quickly become more work than you anticipated to find lower rates.
Take advantage of discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for car insurance on Grand Marquis coverage.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Mercury can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Grand Marquis coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Student in College – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- E-sign – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your state.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
To find the best insurance coverage prices, there are several ways of comparing rates and find the best price. The easiest way by far to compare 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way to find low rates is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. Completing one form will get you price quotes from insurance coverage companies with the best prices. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A less efficient way to obtain and compare quotes online requires you to visit each company website to request a price quote. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want rates from Farmers, Safeco and State Farm. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is to spend time driving to insurance agents’ offices. Shopping for insurance coverage online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the trained guidance that only a license agent can provide. It is possible to price shop your coverage online and get advice from an agent in your area. We’ll cover that shortly.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using exactly the same coverages and limits with each company. If you compare different values for each quote it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Mercury Grand Marquis. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when comparing insurance coverage rates, know that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a better price.
Parts of the Mercury Grand Marquis rate equation
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The more you drive each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your auto insurance policy is rated on the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your Grand Marquis may be costing you.
- Your age impacts your rates – Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teen driver onto a policy can break the bank. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many companies will award you with lower prices to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still find better rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Your credit rating is important – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis by repairing your credit. Consumers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Does my 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis need full coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Information about specific coverages
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a deer, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Insurance for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, pain medications, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability coverage – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, funeral expenses, pain and suffering and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Knowledge is power
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation, high prices or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis. These factors may include your age, driving history, location, coverage limits, deductibles, the condition of the vehicle, and the level of coverage you choose.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies.
- Consider increasing your deductibles if you can afford to pay more out of pocket in case of an accident.
- Ask about available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts or safe driving discounts.
- Maintain a clean driving record and avoid traffic violations.
- Consider installing anti-theft devices in your vehicle to reduce the risk of theft.
- Ask your insurance provider if they offer any specific discounts for older vehicles.
Are there any specific insurance providers that offer cheaper rates for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis?
The cost of insurance can vary depending on the insurance provider, location, and individual circumstances. It’s always a good idea to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best rates for your 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Is it possible to get classic car insurance for a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis?
Classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are older and have historical or collector’s value. While a 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis may not be considered a classic car, it may still be eligible for specialized insurance coverage. Contact insurance providers that offer classic car insurance to inquire about their eligibility criteria.
Can I lower my insurance costs by reducing the coverage for my 1991 Mercury Grand Marquis?
While reducing coverage limits or opting for a lower level of coverage may lower your insurance premium, it’s essential to carefully evaluate the potential risks and financial implications. Lower coverage limits could leave you exposed to higher out-of-pocket expenses in the event of an accident. It’s recommended to speak with an insurance professional who can help you determine an appropriate level of coverage for your needs and budget.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area