Cheapest 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Mercury Grand Marquis? Are you sick and tired of being strong-armed each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as millions of other consumers.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, it makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance coverage.
The fastest way that we advise to compare rate quotes utilizes the fact most insurance companies allow for online access to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if you’re married, the year, make and model of vehicles, if you went to college, and the ages of drivers. Your insurance information gets transmitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return rate quotes instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Insurance coverage providers like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all make an identical promise about savings after switching your coverage to them. How do they all claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies have a preferred profile for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer could possibly be a mature driver, owns a home, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who do not match the requirements will be quoted more money and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s the way companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings. This emphasizes why it is so important to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Mercury Grand Marquis insurance.
Don’t miss out on these six money-saving discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the more common as well as the least known auto insurance savings.
- Military Rewards – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts might not be offered in your area.
Do I need special coverages?
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis is worth?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Liability coverages – This can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, medical expenses, medical services and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercury Grand Marquis.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Grand Marquis resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and pain medications. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Get your money’s worth
Discount 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis, you can consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices and coverage options.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can help you qualify for lower rates.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about any available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, or discounts for anti-theft devices.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Increasing your deductibles can lower your insurance premiums, but it means you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Consider the vehicle’s safety features: The Mercury Grand Marquis is equipped with various safety features. Make sure to inform your insurer about these features, as they may help reduce your rates.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis?
Yes, several factors can influence insurance rates for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis. Some key factors include:
- The driver’s age, driving record, and location
- The vehicle’s value, safety features, and repair costs
- The frequency and severity of accidents involving similar models
- The coverage options and limits chosen by the policyholder
What type of coverage is typically recommended for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis?
It is generally recommended to have at least the following types of coverage for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis:
- Liability insurance: This covers injuries or property damage you may cause to others in an accident.
- Collision insurance: This covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it’s damaged in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers non-collision-related damages to your vehicle, such as theft, vandalism, or weather-related incidents.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) or medical payments coverage: This covers medical expenses for you and your passengers in case of injuries.
Can installing anti-theft devices help lower insurance costs for my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis?
Yes, installing anti-theft devices in your 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis can potentially lower your insurance costs. Anti-theft devices such as car alarms, tracking systems, or immobilizers can deter theft and make your vehicle less of a risk, which insurers may reward with lower rates.
Are there any specialized insurance companies that offer better rates for classic or vintage 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis models?.
Yes, some insurance companies specialize in providing coverage for classic or vintage vehicles, including the 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis. These specialized insurers may have a better understanding of the unique value and requirements of older vehicles, which can translate into competitive rates and tailored coverage options. It’s recommended to research and compare insurance companies that cater to classic or vintage cars to find the best rates for your 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Is it possible to reduce insurance costs for my 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis by taking a defensive driving course?
Yes, completing a defensive driving course can potentially help reduce insurance costs for your 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis. These courses provide drivers with additional skills and knowledge to improve their driving abilities and reduce the likelihood of accidents. Some insurance companies offer discounts to policyholders who have completed an approved defensive driving course. Contact your insurance provider to inquire about any available defensive driving course discounts and the specific requirements for eligibility.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis due to its age?
Yes, the age of a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis can impact insurance considerations in a few ways. As the vehicle gets older, finding replacement parts may become more difficult and costly, which could affect comprehensive coverage premiums. Additionally, insurers may take into account the car’s safety features and crash test ratings, which may not meet current standards for newer vehicles. It’s recommended to discuss these factors with your insurance provider to understand how they may affect your coverage and rates for a 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area