Cheapest 1992 Nissan 240SX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 29, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance rates for your Nissan 240SX? Overpriced Nissan 240SX insurance can drain your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing price quotes is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Consumers have many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Costs
All major auto insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive allow you to get price estimates online. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you simply type in your coverage preferences into a form. When the form is submitted, their rating system collects reports for credit and driving violations and quotes a price. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to several different sites and complete many quote forms is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest price.
A less time-consuming method to compare auto insurance pricing is to use a quote form to get prices from multiple companies. It saves time, requires less work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. After your information is entered, it is rated and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. It takes just a few minutes to complete and may result in a nice savings.
To get comparison pricing now, click here and begin entering your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will get rate comparison quotes for similar coverage.
Don’t overlook these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Bundle and Save – When you have multiple policies with one company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may receive a discount up to 10% for 240SX insurance.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will give a small break simply for signing over the internet.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared with bad drivers.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts, click this link.
Is my situation unique?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions could help you determine whether your personal situation may require specific advice.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1992 Nissan 240SX?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 1992 Nissan 240SX is totaled?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 240SX caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Nissan 240SX.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for hospital visits, doctor visits, X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, bail bonds, legal defense fees and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird and fire damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Affordable insurance is out there
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
The cheapest 1992 Nissan 240SX insurance can be sourced online and with local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
More information can be read at the links below
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for a 1992 Nissan 240SX?
To find the cheapest insurance for a 1992 Nissan 240SX, you can consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies and compare their prices. Each insurer uses its own criteria to determine premiums, so it’s worth exploring different options.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving history with no accidents or traffic violations can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible means you’ll pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim, but it can lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Install safety features: Equipping your 1992 Nissan 240SX with safety features such as anti-theft devices, airbags, and anti-lock brakes may qualify you for discounts with certain insurers.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits. If you’re a safe driver, this can potentially result in lower premiums.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for providing cheap coverage for a 1992 Nissan 240SX?
While insurance rates can vary depending on factors like your location and personal circumstances, some insurance companies are generally known for offering competitive rates. It’s advisable to research and compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best option for your specific needs.
How does the age of the vehicle affect insurance premiums?
The age of the vehicle can have an impact on insurance premiums. Generally, older vehicles like the 1992 Nissan 240SX may have lower premiums compared to newer models. This is because older cars usually have lower market values and cost less to repair or replace in the event of an accident. However, other factors such as the vehicle’s safety features, theft rates, and repair costs can also influence insurance premiums.
What other factors influence the cost of insuring a 1992 Nissan 240SX?
Several factors can influence the cost of insuring a 1992 Nissan 240SX. These factors include:
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live. Areas with higher population densities or higher rates of accidents or thefts may result in higher premiums.
- Driver’s age and driving history: Younger or less-experienced drivers typically pay higher premiums. Additionally, a history of accidents or traffic violations can also increase insurance costs.
- Coverage options: The type and level of coverage you choose will affect the cost of insurance. Comprehensive coverage and lower deductibles generally result in higher premiums.
- Credit history: In some regions, insurers consider credit history as a factor when determining premiums. Maintaining a good credit score can potentially lead to lower insurance rates.
- Annual mileage: The number of miles you drive annually can impact insurance premiums. Higher mileage often translates to higher premiums due to increased exposure to potential accidents.
Can I obtain classic car insurance for a 1992 Nissan 240SX?
While classic car insurance is typically designed for vehicles that are at least 20-25 years old, the eligibility criteria can vary among insurance companies. As a 1992 Nissan 240SX falls within that age range, it’s worth inquiring with insurance providers specializing in classic car insurance to determine if your vehicle qualifies for this type of coverage. Classic car insurance often offers specialized coverage and may have certain mileage restrictions or storage requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area