1993 Lexus LS 400 Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Locating better insurance prices for a Lexus LS 400 can turn out to be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks to make it easier.
There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Lexus and obtain the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes every six months since rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on LS 400 coverage last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because we’re going to demonstrate the quickest way to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Buying the best coverage can be fairly easy. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most efficient way to shop for insurance coverage online.
Cut your premium with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies permit an accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts are:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
How to Get Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
Reducing your 1993 Lexus LS 400 insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to take the time getting comparison quotes provided by online insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms to each individual car insurance company. A single, simple form will return price quotes from multiple companies. Just one form and you’re done.
- Another way to shop for car insurance online is spending the time to visit the website for every company you want to comare and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from Progressive, Esurance and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least recommended method to compare rates is driving around to different agent offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you require the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can get prices online but still have the advice of a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information with every price quote. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Lexus LS 400.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Parts of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, structural damage, medical expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Lexus LS 400.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like funeral costs, surgery and chiropractic care. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, theft and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Be a smart shopper
The cheapest 1993 Lexus LS 400 insurance can be sourced from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, poor customer service, questionable increases in premium or even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
We covered a lot of tips how to save on insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area