Cheapest 1991 Lexus LS 400 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates? Buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Lexus LS 400 insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to quote coverages on a Lexus and find the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Buying car insurance is quite easy. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using this strategy. Drivers just need to understand the proper methods to find the lowest price on the web.
Insurance Quote Comparison
Lowering your 1991 Lexus LS 400 insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. All you need to do is invest a few minutes to compare quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way consumers can analyze rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method eliminates the need for separate quotes for every insurance company. A single, simple form gets you price quotes from all major companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A slightly less efficient method to get comparison quotes requires you to visit the website for each individual company to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from GEICO, Safeco and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but double check that you are using the exact same coverages and limits for every company. If you are comparing different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Lexus LS 400.
Save big with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always publicize all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Method – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on LS 400 insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on LS 400 insurance.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared with frequent claim filers.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
For a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, click here to view.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Does my 1991 Lexus LS 400 need full coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Parts of your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like ambulance fees, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care and hospital visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, vandalism and damage from flooding. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lexus LS 400.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the insurance cost for a 1991 Lexus LS 400 generally low?
The insurance cost for a 1991 Lexus LS 400 can vary depending on various factors, including the insurance provider, your location, driving history, and coverage options. However, as an older vehicle, it’s possible that the insurance cost for a 1991 Lexus LS 400 could be lower compared to newer and more expensive cars.
What are some factors that could affect the insurance cost for a 1991 Lexus LS 400?
Several factors can influence the insurance cost for a 1991 Lexus LS 400. These factors may include your age, driving record, location, mileage, the level of coverage you choose, the deductible amount, and the insurance provider’s individual criteria for determining premiums.
Are there any specific discounts available for insuring a 1991 Lexus LS 400?
Insurance providers may offer various discounts that could potentially help reduce the cost of insuring a 1991 Lexus LS 400. These discounts can include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (if you have other insurance policies with the same provider), anti-theft device discounts, and discounts for completing defensive driving courses. It’s recommended to check with different insurance companies to explore the available discounts.
Does the age of the car affect its insurance cost?
Yes, the age of a car can impact its insurance cost. Older vehicles like the 1991 Lexus LS 400 generally have lower market values compared to newer models, which can potentially result in lower insurance premiums. However, it’s important to consider that other factors, such as repair costs, availability of parts, and safety features, may also be taken into account by insurance providers when determining premiums.
Are there any specific coverage options recommended for insuring a 1991 Lexus LS 400?
The recommended coverage options for insuring a 1991 Lexus LS 400 may vary depending on your individual needs and preferences. However, it’s generally advisable to have at least the minimum required liability coverage mandated by your state or country. Additionally, considering collision and comprehensive coverage can provide added protection for your vehicle in case of accidents, theft, or damage caused by non-collision events like storms.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area