Cheapest 1994 Mazda RX-7 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance coverage rates for your Mazda RX-7? Searching for the most affordable insurance coverage online is somewhat difficult for beginners to comparing rates online. With so many choices of insurers to choose from, how can anyone even start to compare them all to find the best available rates?
Consumers need to price shop coverage before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the best price for RX-7 insurance a year ago a different company probably has better rates today. So forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
Most companies such as Allstate and Progressive give coverage price quotes on their websites. The process is quite simple as you just type in your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will order your credit score and driving record and quotes a price based on these factors.
Online price quotes makes comparing rates easy, but the time it takes to visit a lot of sites and enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for better car insurance pricing.
The smarter way to find better car insurance pricing makes use of a single form to get prices from more than one company. The form is fast, reduces the work, and makes online quotes a little more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you can select any or none of the returned quotes. If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process only takes a few minutes and can result in significant savings.
To find out what other companies charge, click here and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles as shown on your current policy. This way, you’re receiving comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Memberships – Participating in a civic or occupational organization could trigger savings on your policy for RX-7 insurance.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching policies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mazda can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in your state.
Everyone needs different coverages
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1994 Mazda RX-7?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my 1994 Mazda RX-7 covered for smoke damage?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Factors influencing Mazda RX-7 insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rates.
- One company can mean more discounts – The majority of insurers will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Careful drivers have lower premiums compared to drivers with tickets. Even one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder car theft.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that can waste your money on your car insurance policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment initially, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven every year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars left parked in the garage get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your RX-7 can cost quite a bit.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Liability insurance provides coverage when you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your RX-7 resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses like nursing services, pain medications, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, loss of income, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
In the end, you save
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to save on 1994 Mazda RX-7 insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company.
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Affordable insurance is available both online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area