Cheapest 1995 Ford F-150 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Expensive insurance coverage can empty your personal savings and force you to make sacrifices. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to help make ends meet. Companies like State Farm, Farmers Insurance, GEICO and Allstate continually bombard you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to ignore the promise of big savings and find the best price available.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance rates change regularly. If you had the lowest price on F-150 insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad information regarding insurance coverage online but I’m going to show you some proven techniques to put money back in your pocket.
Fast and Easy Insurance Coverage Quotes
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates can take time and effort if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend countless hours driving to agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to get prices fast.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their coverage request one time, and each company provides a quote based on the submitted data. This saves time by eliminating quote forms to each company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance coverage click here to open in new window.
The only downside to doing it this way is you are unable to specify which companies to get quotes from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using identical coverages for every company. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Ford F-150.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive better car insurance rates on F-150 insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Can I rent a car in Mexico?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What is the ISO rating for a 1995 Ford F-150?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Ford F-150 rates are complex
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that go into determining your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance coverage prices.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Jobs such as doctors, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Other occupations like actors, historians and the unemployed get better rates on F-150 insurance.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Credit history is a large factor in calculating your insurance coverage rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 1995 Ford F-150 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy when buying insurance coverage. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Adjust deductibles and save – The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and burglary. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance on F-150 insurance.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all make the same claim of big savings if you change to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a driver they prefer might be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and has a high credit rating. A driver who fits that profile gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements will have to pay higher rates which leads to business going elsewhere. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which auto insurance company will have the lowest Ford F-150 insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and fire damage. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays for damage to your F-150 caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical costs insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills like ambulance fees, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, medical services, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This coverage provides protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Ford F-150.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Online plus local equals savings
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on 1995 Ford F-150 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Budget-conscious insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area