Cheapest 1995 GMC Sierra 2500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who cherishes buying insurance, especially when the price is too high.
You have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, having more insurers makes it harder to adequately compare rates.
It’s a good idea to compare prices at least once a year because rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rates on Sierra insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. So just block out anything you think you know about insurance because I’m going to teach you the quickest way to save on insurance.
Insurance Coverage Comparisons
There are multiple methods to compare 1995 GMC Sierra 2500 insurance coverage prices and some are easier and takes less work. You can waste hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the web to get prices fast.
Most car insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where prospective buyers only type in their quote data once, and each company returns a rated price based on that data. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests for each company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to getting quotes like this is you are unable to specify the companies to get quotes from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we have a page of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare identical coverages and limits on every quote you get. If your comparisons have unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your GMC Sierra 2500. Just a small difference in limits may result in large price differences. It’s important to know that quoting more provides better odds of finding the best rates.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before they will apply.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better insurance rates on Sierra insurance.
- E-sign – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Sierra insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment could cut as much as 10% off on Sierra insurance with select insurance companies.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance on Sierra insurance.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings might not be offered in your area.
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might point out if you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1995 GMC Sierra 2500?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, emergency aid, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sierra 2500 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses for funeral costs, surgery, prosthetic devices and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as vandalism, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 1995 GMC Sierra 2500.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Pennies from heaven
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap 1995 GMC Sierra 2500 insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
More detailed car insurance information is available by following these links:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1995 GMC Sierra 2500?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1995 GMC Sierra 2500, you can take the following steps:
- Shop around: Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving history can help you qualify for lower insurance rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask your insurance provider about any available discounts, such as multi-car, multi-policy, or safe driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurers offer usage-based insurance programs that track your driving habits and offer discounts based on your behavior behind the wheel.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 1995 GMC Sierra 2500?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 1995 GMC Sierra 2500, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger, less experienced drivers typically face higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live due to factors such as crime rates and the likelihood of accidents.
- Vehicle value and repair costs: The GMC Sierra 2500 is a heavy-duty pickup truck, and its value and repair costs may be higher, which can impact insurance rates.
- Usage of the vehicle: If the vehicle is used for commercial purposes or has a high annual mileage, insurance rates may be higher.
- Claim history: If the vehicle has a history of frequent claims or accidents, insurance rates may be higher.
Does the type of insurance coverage affect the cost for a 1995 GMC Sierra 2500?
Yes, the type of insurance coverage you choose can affect the cost of insuring a 1995 GMC Sierra 2500. Comprehensive and collision coverage typically have higher premiums compared to liability-only coverage. Comprehensive coverage protects against theft and non-collision damage, while collision coverage covers damages resulting from collisions. Liability-only coverage is generally the least expensive option but only provides coverage for damages you cause to others.
Can I reduce insurance costs for a 1995 GMC Sierra 2500 by opting for minimum coverage?
While opting for minimum coverage (liability-only) can lower your insurance costs, it’s important to carefully consider the potential risks and financial consequences. Liability-only coverage does not provide protection for damages to your own vehicle, so you would have to bear the expenses out of pocket in case of an accident or other covered events. Assess your individual needs and evaluate the potential risks before deciding on the coverage level.
Are there any specific insurance companies that offer affordable rates for a 1995 GMC Sierra 2500?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between different insurance companies, so it’s essential to compare quotes from multiple providers. Some insurance companies known for offering competitive rates for trucks like the 1995 GMC Sierra 2500 include GEICO, Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, and Nationwide. However, rates can depend on various factors, including your location, driving history, and coverage needs, so it’s best to obtain personalized quotes to find the most affordable option for your specific situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area