Cheapest 1990 GMC Sierra 2500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 27, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for auto insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Many auto insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and uncover the absolute cheapest price
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can follow these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers only need an understanding of how to shop their coverage around on the web.
Which Insurance Coverage is Cheapest?
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive provide coverage price quotes on their websites. The process is fairly simple as you just type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system gets credit information and your driving record and returns a price. Being able to quote online makes comparing rates easy, but the process of having to visit many different websites and complete many quote forms can get tiresome after awhile. But it is imperative to perform this step in order to find better prices.
The quickest way to compare insurance coverage pricing uses one simple form that obtains quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, reduces the work, and makes rate comparisons much easier. After your information is entered, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any of the returned quotes. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase the new policy. The whole process takes 15 minutes at the most and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
To compare rates now, click here to open in a new tab and enter your information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This guarantees you will receive comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
Cut prices on GMC Sierra 2500 insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the more common as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Student in College – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Use Seat Belts – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, click this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if you could use an agent’s help.
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Should I buy full coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
This covers damage to your Sierra 2500 caused by collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your GMC Sierra 2500.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses like EMT expenses, funeral costs, doctor visits, dental work and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1990 GMC Sierra 2500?
Finding affordable insurance for your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500 requires some research and comparison shopping. Here are a few steps you can take:
- Obtain multiple insurance quotes: Request quotes from different insurance companies to compare prices and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but keep in mind that you’ll be responsible for paying more out of pocket in case of an accident.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based or pay-per-mile insurance, which can be more cost-effective if you don’t drive your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500 frequently.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts, good driver discounts, or safety feature discounts, that may help reduce your insurance costs.
What factors influence the cost of insurance for a 1990 GMC Sierra 2500?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500, including:
- Your location: Insurance rates can vary based on where you live due to factors like crime rates and accident frequency in your area.
- Your driving history: A clean driving record typically results in lower insurance premiums, while a history of accidents or traffic violations may increase your rates.
- The vehicle’s value and condition: The age, make, and model of your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500 can impact insurance costs. Older vehicles generally have lower premiums, but factors like the truck’s condition and safety features also come into play.
- Your coverage and deductibles: The level of coverage you choose and the deductible you select can influence the cost of your insurance premium.
- Insurance company policies: Each insurance company has its own pricing structure and underwriting guidelines, so premiums can vary between providers.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a 1990 GMC Sierra 2500?
Yes, when insuring a 1990 GMC Sierra 2500, there are a few considerations to keep in mind:
- Classic car insurance: Some insurers offer specialized classic car insurance policies for vintage vehicles like the 1990 GMC Sierra 2500. These policies may have specific coverage options and requirements tailored to classic cars.
- Actual cash value vs. agreed value: When insuring an older vehicle, you can choose between actual cash value (ACV) and agreed value coverage. ACV considers the vehicle’s depreciation, while agreed value coverage provides coverage based on a pre-determined value agreed upon by you and the insurance company.
- Customizations and modifications: If you’ve made any modifications or customizations to your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500, be sure to inform your insurance provider, as these alterations may affect the coverage and cost.
Can I reduce the cost of insurance for my 1990 GMC Sierra 2500 by lowering coverage?
Lowering your coverage limits may reduce the cost of insurance for your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500, but it’s important to carefully consider the potential consequences. While it can save you money in the short term, reducing coverage may leave you financially vulnerable in the event of an accident or other unforeseen circumstances. It’s generally advisable to maintain adequate coverage to protect yourself and your assets. If you’re looking to reduce costs, consider adjusting your deductible or exploring available discounts instead.
Are there any safety features or anti-theft devices that can help lower insurance costs for a 1990 GMC Sierra 2500?
Equipping your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500 with certain safety features and anti-theft devices may help lower your insurance costs. While the available safety features may vary for a vehicle of this age, consider the following options:
- Anti-lock brakes (ABS)
- Airbags (if not already equipped)
- Alarm systems
- Steering wheel locks
- Tracking devices
- VIN etching
- Garage or secure parking
How can I obtain insurance quotes for my 1990 GMC Sierra 2500?
There are several ways to obtain insurance quotes for your 1990 GMC Sierra 2500:
- Contact insurance agents or brokers: Reach out to insurance agents or brokers who can provide you with quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Use online comparison tools: Utilize online platforms that allow you to enter your information once and receive quotes from various insurers.
- Visit insurance company websites: Visit the websites of insurance companies that offer coverage in your area and request a quote online.
- Call insurance companies directly: Contact insurance companies directly and speak with their representatives to obtain quotes over the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area