Cheapest 1996 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance rates for your Chevrolet Impala? Shopping for the most affordable insurance on the web can seem to be rather challenging for consumers new to price shopping online. When there are so many online companies available, how can drivers have a chance to compare them all to find the best available rates?
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. This article will help educate you on how to get online quotes. Although car owners must know the methods companies use to sell insurance online.
Complexity of Chevy Impala insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into prices.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – Your credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 1996 Chevrolet Impala by improving your credit score. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as lawyers, architects and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, jobs such as farmers, students and homemakers receive lower rates for Impala insurance.
- Car features impact rates – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both sexes have accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many add-on coverages you can purchase when buying car insurance. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but if they’re wasting money eliminate them to save money.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
There are several ways to compare rate quotes from auto insurance companies in your area. The best way to find competitive 1996 Chevy Impala insurance rates consists of shopping online. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The single most time-saving way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This method keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for each company. One simple form will get you price quotes direct from many companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more difficult way to analyze rates requires visiting the website for each individual company to request a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want rates from GEICO, Esurance and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverages and limits for every quote you compare. If you enter mixed coverages it will be very difficult to determine the best price for your Chevy Impala. Having just a slight variation in coverages may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that getting more free quotes will enable you to find a lower rate.
Drivers who switch save $381 a year? Really?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive consistently run ads on television and other media. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you change to them. But how can every company say the same thing?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. Any driver who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t meet this ideal profile will be quoted more money and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Chevy Impala insurance.
More discounts equal less premium
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government could cut as much as 10% off for Impala insurance with select insurance companies.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in your area.
It’s not one size fits all
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Impala.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage covers damage to your Impala caused by collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as hospital visits, doctor visits, funeral costs, pain medications and surgery. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, loss of income, court costs, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
A little work can save a LOT of money
Cost effective 1996 Chevy Impala insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, questionable increases in premium and policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find better insurance rates for my Chevrolet Impala?
To find better insurance rates for your Chevrolet Impala, you can utilize online tools and comparison websites to compare quotes from different insurance companies. By comparing multiple quotes, you can identify the most affordable options available to you.
What factors affect Chevy Impala insurance rates?
Several factors contribute to the determination of insurance rates for a Chevy Impala. These factors include your location, driving history, age, gender, credit score, coverage options, and the deductible you choose. Insurance companies consider these factors when calculating your premium.
How can I lower my auto insurance costs?
There are several ways to lower your auto insurance costs. You can start by maintaining a clean driving record, bundling your auto insurance with other policies, increasing your deductibles, installing safety features in your vehicle, and asking your insurance company about available discounts.
Why do insurance companies claim big savings for switching?
Insurance companies may advertise big savings for switching to attract new customers. However, these savings are not guaranteed for everyone. Insurance companies have different pricing models and customer profiles they prefer. The savings mentioned in advertisements are often based on specific customer profiles that may not apply to everyone.
What discounts are available for auto insurance?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help lower your premium. Common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, and discounts for safety features installed in your vehicle. It’s important to inquire about available discounts when obtaining insurance quotes.
How can I ensure I’m comparing apples-to-apples coverages when getting insurance quotes?
When comparing insurance quotes, make sure you provide the same information and select the same coverage options and limits for each quote. This ensures that you are comparing quotes based on the same criteria, allowing for a more accurate comparison.
What coverages should I consider for my car insurance policy?
The coverages you should consider for your car insurance policy depend on your individual needs and circumstances. Common coverages include liability coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, comprehensive coverage, collision coverage, and medical payments coverage. It’s important to understand each coverage and determine the appropriate levels based on your situation.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area