Cheapest 1996 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper car insurance rates for your Mercedes-Benz S-Class? Nobody likes having to buy car insurance, particularly when their premiums are too high.
Consumers have many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more challenging to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Nevertheless, drivers must know the way insurance companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Why your Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- How your age affects price – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers tend to be less responsible behind the wheel therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
- Little extras can really add up – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees are some examples. They may seem good initially, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Marriage brings a discount – Having a spouse helps lower the price on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most car insurance companies will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
Auto Insurance Prices
There are a variety of methods to compare 1996 Mercedes-Benz S-Class auto insurance quotes, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You could waste time driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers enter their policy data once, and each participating company can provide price quotes based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual auto insurance company. To use this form to compare 1996 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance rates click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose which carriers to receive prices from. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to receive pricing from, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles on every quote you get. If the quotes have different values for each quote you can’t possibly make an equal comparison. Slightly different insurance coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, having more price comparisons gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Car insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads in print and on television. They all seem to make the same claim that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them. But how can every company claim to save you money?
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, owns a home, and has a short commute. A driver who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will save when switching.
Drivers who do not match the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher rates which leads to business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will have the lowest Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance rates.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for S-Class insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for S-Class insurance depending on your company.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Mercedes-Benz can earn a substantially lower rate.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- E-sign – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application digitally online.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can save you money because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions may help highlight if you might need professional guidance.
- When should I not file a claim?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my trailer covered?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 1996 Mercedes-Benz S-Class?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for short-term medical expenses like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, dental work, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as emergency aid, loss of income, structural damage and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercedes-Benz S-Class.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, fire damage, damage from getting keyed and hail damage. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your S-Class caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
One last thing
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on 1996 Mercedes-Benz S-Class insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area