Cheapest 1999 Pontiac Firebird Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Pontiac Firebird? Searching for cheaper insurance for a Pontiac Firebird could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to find insurance coverage online so we’re going to tell you the best way to quote coverages on a Pontiac and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Save big with these discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for before you get the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better rates.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut your premiums.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
Parts of the Pontiac Firebird rate equation
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower insurance coverage prices.
- Car features impact rates – Choosing a vehicle with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Where you live – Being located in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about insurance coverage. Urban drivers regularly have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Pontiac Firebird scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy is the protection when you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Ads can be misleading
Drivers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance from the likes of 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise that you can save if you change your coverage to them.
How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer could be over the age of 40, has no tickets, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications receives the best rates and therefore will save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements must pay more money and ends up with the customer not buying. The ads say “people who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know the company that will fit your personal profile best.
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Medical expense coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, dental work and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Firebird resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Pontiac Firebird.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability car insurance – This protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Pennies from heaven
We covered many ideas to lower your 1999 Pontiac Firebird insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
When you buy insurance online, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Low-cost insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area