Cheapest 1996 Subaru Impreza Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance rates for your Subaru Impreza? Expensive insurance can overdraw your personal savings and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and find the best price available.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because rates change frequently. If you had the best rates for Impreza coverage two years ago you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of bad advice regarding insurance on the web, but we’re going to give you the best ways to put money back in your pocket.
The quickest way to compare rate quotes is to realize most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide details such as the make and model of your vehicles, the ages of drivers, how much education you have, and if it has an alarm system. The data is instantly submitted to many of the top insurers and you should receive rate quotes immediately.
Impacting insurance rates for a Subaru Impreza
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Allowing your insurance coverage policy to lapse is a fast way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of companies will award you with lower prices to policyholders who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. Improper usage on your Impreza may be costing you. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and burglary. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Impreza coverage.
Cut your premium with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on insurance coverage due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
It’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specific coverages for a Subaru Impreza
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like attorney fees, legal defense fees and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer, damage from flooding and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Impreza.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This will pay to fix damage to your Impreza caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for chiropractic care, hospital visits, X-ray expenses, ambulance fees and rehabilitation expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Have money to burn
Cheaper 1996 Subaru Impreza insurance can be sourced online as well as from independent agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheap auto insurance rates for my 1996 Subaru Impreza in 2023?
To find cheap auto insurance rates for your 1996 Subaru Impreza, you can use the free quote tool on our website. Simply enter your zip code, provide details about your vehicle and drivers, and you will receive rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Comparing quotes from different insurers allows you to find the best price available.
What factors impact insurance rates for a Subaru Impreza?
Several factors can affect the insurance rates for a Subaru Impreza. These factors include the make and model of the vehicle, the age of the drivers, the level of education, and whether the car has an alarm system. Insurance companies use these factors to assess the risk associated with insuring the vehicle and determine the premium.
How can I cut my premium with discounts?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you reduce your premium. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, and anti-theft device discounts. It’s important to note that not all discounts apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some discounts only apply to specific coverages. To find out which discounts you may qualify for, you can check with your insurance provider.
What are the specific coverages for a Subaru Impreza?
Car insurance companies offer several specific coverages for a Subaru Impreza, including:
- Liability Auto Insurance: This coverage protects against damage to other people’s property or injuries to others caused by your Subaru Impreza.
- Comprehensive Coverage: Comprehensive coverage protects your vehicle against non-collision-related damage, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage: This coverage provides protection if you are involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient or no insurance coverage.
- Collision Coverage: Collision coverage pays for the repair or replacement of your Subaru Impreza if it is damaged in a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Medical Payments Coverage (Personal Injury Protection or PIP): Medical payments coverage covers medical expenses for you and your passengers resulting from an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Is there a “best” method to buy insurance coverage for my Subaru Impreza?
The best method to buy insurance coverage for your Subaru Impreza depends on your unique situation. There is no one-size-fits-all approach. It’s important to consider factors such as your budget, your desired level of coverage, and any specific needs or concerns you have. You may benefit from seeking guidance from a licensed insurance agent who can help you determine the most appropriate coverage for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area