How Much Does 1993 Subaru Impreza Car Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Subaru Impreza? Searching for low-cost insurance for a Subaru Impreza can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips and make it easy. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online so we’re going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a Subaru and get the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
These factors can influence Subaru Impreza insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit rating is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower ratings. If your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 1993 Subaru Impreza by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance compared to drivers with tickets. Even one ticket can bump up the cost twenty percent or more. If you have flagrant violations such as DUI or reckless driving may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Impreza can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Insurance for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and term life insurance are examples of these. These coverages may sound good initially, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If the Subaru Impreza earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a fast way to bump up your car insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Marriage brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Pay less for Subaru Impreza insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known ways to save on insurance coverage. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Student in College – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing online.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates for Impreza coverage.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Companies that may offer these discounts are:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts might not apply in your state.
Can you really save $461 a year?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads have a common claim about savings if you move your policy.
How does each company make almost identical claims? It’s all in the numbers.
All companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay higher prices which leads to business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many comparisons as possible. You cannot predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Subaru Impreza insurance rates.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, falling objects and hitting a deer. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Subaru Impreza.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid and court costs. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like hospital visits, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto collision coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
A fool and his money are soon parted
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Affordable 1993 Subaru Impreza insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal or even policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area