Cheapest 1998 Ford Escort Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better auto insurance rates for your Ford Escort? Locating better insurance prices for a Ford Escort can be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Ford and get the lowest price.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes every six months because rates change regularly. Even if you got the best rates for Escort coverage six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best methods to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more for Escort coverage than drivers with accident claims.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break just for signing your application on their website.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will cut the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates is to know the trick car insurance companies provide online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if you have an active license, whether the vehicles are used for commuting, the year, make and model of vehicles, and whether you have decent credit. The rating information is sent automatically to multiple companies and they respond with quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Escort caused by collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, fire damage, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as legal defense fees, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for things like surgery, EMT expenses, dental work, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Ford Escort.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Stretch your dollar
Lower-priced 1998 Ford Escort insurance is available online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high prices, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service or extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies can be pretty painless.
When you buy insurance online, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1998 Ford Escort?
The cost of insurance for a 1998 Ford Escort can be influenced by several factors, including the following:
- Driver’s age and driving history: Younger and less experienced drivers typically face higher insurance premiums. Additionally, a history of accidents or traffic violations can also increase the cost.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on where you live. Urban areas with higher rates of accidents or theft may result in higher premiums.
- Coverage options: The type and amount of coverage you choose will impact the cost. Opting for comprehensive coverage or lower deductibles will generally result in higher premiums.
- Vehicle usage: The way you use your vehicle, such as for personal or business purposes, can affect the insurance cost.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your 1998 Ford Escort, such as airbags or anti-theft devices, may help lower insurance costs.
Are older vehicles like the 1998 Ford Escort generally cheaper to insure?
In many cases, older vehicles can be cheaper to insure compared to newer models. However, it’s important to consider other factors like the car’s safety ratings, theft rates, and availability of replacement parts. While the 1998 Ford Escort is an older vehicle, its insurance cost will still depend on various individual factors, including those mentioned in the previous answer.
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1998 Ford Escort?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1998 Ford Escort, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options. Each insurer may have different rates based on their calculations and risk assessment.
- Increase deductibles: Opting for higher deductibles can lower your premium but keep in mind that you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about any available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts (if you have other insurance policies with the same provider), good driver discounts, or discounts for safety features on your vehicle.
- Maintain a good driving record: A clean driving history can help you secure lower insurance rates over time.
- Consider usage-based or pay-as-you-go insurance: Some insurance companies offer programs that base premiums on your actual driving habits. If you’re a safe driver and don’t use your car frequently, this could potentially save you money.
Can I remove certain types of coverage to lower my insurance costs?
While you have the option to adjust your coverage, it’s important to carefully consider the potential risks and legal requirements. Liability insurance is typically required by law, and removing it entirely may result in legal consequences. However, you can adjust the coverage limits or explore optional coverages like comprehensive or collision insurance based on your needs and budget. Keep in mind that reducing coverage limits may leave you financially vulnerable in the event of an accident or theft.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for the 1998 Ford Escort?
The 1998 Ford Escort is an older vehicle, which may affect its insurance coverage. Here are a few considerations:
- Actual cash value: Insurance companies may assess the value of an older vehicle like the 1998 Ford Escort based on its actual cash value (ACV), which considers factors such as depreciation and condition. This may impact the coverage you receive and the amount you are reimbursed in case of a total loss.
- Replacement parts availability: As the vehicle gets older, finding replacement parts may become more challenging and expensive. This could potentially affect repair costs and insurance premiums.
- Vehicle condition: Maintaining your 1998 Ford Escort in good condition and ensuring it passes any necessary inspections may help you secure favorable insurance rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area