Cheapest 1997 Jaguar XJ Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your 1997 Jaguar XJ-Series? If you are a novice to online insurance coverage shopping, you can be overwhelmed due to the large number of companies all offering big savings.
Consumers should take time to compare prices occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest price for a 1997 Jaguar XJ-Series a couple of years back, you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Some trigger automatically at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Sign Online – A handful of insurance companies will give a small break just for signing your application over the internet.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of paying each month, you can actually save on your bill.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for XJ-Series coverage with certain companies.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Why your Jaguar XJ-Series insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Your location affects your rates – Choosing to live in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people living in that area means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate. Drivers in populated areas regularly have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. Higher commute times means a higher likelihood of an accident.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Your driving citation history has a huge effect on how much you pay. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one ticket can bump up the cost by forty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Small claims can cost you – Insurance companies generally give better rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy of non-renewal or much higher rates. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- High crash test scores bring lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your 1997 Jaguar XJ-Series earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website, you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Situations that might require an agent
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Why am I forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my Jaguar XJ-Series covered if I use it for business?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Should I rate my 1997 Jaguar XJ-Series for pleasure use or commute?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Auto insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your XJ-Series from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it for vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payment’s coverage pay for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, hospital visits, surgery and ambulance fees. The coverage can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payment’s coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally, you may see a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, emergency aid, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as for damage to your Jaguar XJ-Series.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally, these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like fire damage, falling objects, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a bird. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Stretch your dollar
Cost effective 1997 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both, so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide you with the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
You just read many ways to shop for insurance online. The key concept to understand is that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons, such as delays in paying claims, high prices, denial of a claim or policy cancellation. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance coverage company is not as hard as you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area