Cheapest 2000 Jaguar XJ Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 8, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one cherishes buying insurance, particularly when the price is too high. Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance persitently shower you with ads and consumers find it hard to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to shop for the lowest rates and still get good coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. Consumers just need to know the best way to compare prices online.
Get lower rates on Jaguar XJ-Series insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of providers with discount insurance rates, click this link.
Jaguar XJ-Series premiums are determined by many factors
It’s important that you understand the factors that come into play when calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” car insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your XJ-Series policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, accidental death and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate them to save money.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Companies give better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Special features that cut premiums – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Mature drivers pay less – Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets.
- Poor driving leads to higher costs – Just one citation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jaguar earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit history is a important factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your car insurance policy. It usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, prosthetic devices, dental work, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your XJ-Series caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Jaguar XJ-Series.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability car insurance
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, loss of income, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can lower your 2000 Jaguar XJ-Series insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Cheaper insurance can be bought online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area