Cheapest 1997 Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know likes having to buy insurance coverage, in particular when the cost is way too high. Big-name insurance companies like State Farm, Allstate, GEICO and Progressive all promote huge savings with ad campaigns and it can be hard to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
You should make it a habit to compare prices yearly because rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the best rates for Cherokee coverage a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. So just forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because we’re going to show you one of the easiest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you have a current insurance coverage policy or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Finding the best rates is not that difficult. Drivers just need to understand the most effective way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Cherokee coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Federal Government Employee – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount for Cherokee coverage depending on your company.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Accident Waiver – Certain companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
Check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Comparison of Auto Insurance
Getting a cheaper price on 1997 Jeep Cherokee insurance doesn’t have to be difficult. You just need to spend a little time to compare quotes online with multiple companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating multiple quote forms to each individual auto insurance company. A single, simple form gets rate comparisons from all major companies.
- Another way to compare prices is going to each individual company website to complete a price quote. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to compare Farmers, GEICO and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits for every company. If your comparisons have different liability limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Jeep Cherokee.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my friends covered when driving my 1997 Jeep Cherokee?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Jeep Cherokee.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance covers damage to your Cherokee caused by collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for ambulance fees, prosthetic devices, nursing services, chiropractic care and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability can pay for things such as structural damage, medical expenses, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Be a smart shopper
Cheap 1997 Jeep Cherokee insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers don’t offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area