Cheapest 2001 Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Jeep Cherokee? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together each month for car insurance? You’re in the same situation as many other drivers.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies to find the absolute best price available.
Consumers need to shop coverage around once or twice a year since rates go up and down regularly. Just because you had the lowest price on Cherokee coverage a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because I’m going to teach you the easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list all their discounts very well, so we break down some of the best known and the more hidden insurance coverage savings.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance coverage policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Savings may not apply in your area.
When should I talk to an agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Auto insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads in print and on television. They all seem to make an identical promise that you’ll save big if you move your coverage to them. How does each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, owns a home, and drives newer vehicles. A propective insured who fits that profile will get very good rates and most likely will save when switching.
Consumers who do not match the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher prices which leads to business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully claim big savings. This emphasizes why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Jeep Cherokee insurance rates.
Auto insurance specifics
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverages available from auto insurance companies.
This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, structural damage, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as prosthetic devices, nursing services, surgery and EMT expenses. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Cherokee resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as vandalism, fire damage and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
The bottom line
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce 2001 Jeep Cherokee insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious insurance is available on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
More detailed insurance information can be found in these articles:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I verify if I’m getting all my discounts?
Car insurance companies often offer various discounts, but they may not always list them prominently. To ensure you’re getting all the discounts you qualify for, it’s recommended to check with each prospective company. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, and anti-theft device discounts.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
The need for an insurance agent depends on your individual circumstances and coverage requirements. If you have specific questions about your coverage options, want personalized advice, or need assistance in understanding your policy, it’s advisable to speak with an insurance agent. They can help tailor a policy to meet your unique needs. If you’re interested in speaking to an agent, you can complete a short form or access a list of insurance companies in your area.
How do insurance companies claim to save you money?
Insurance companies often advertise potential savings when you switch to their coverage. They do this by profiling the type of driver that is most profitable for them. For example, a driver between the ages of 30 and 50, who owns a home and drives a newer vehicle, may be considered a profitable customer. These drivers are likely to receive lower rates when switching. However, it’s important to compare quotes from multiple companies to find the one that offers the cheapest rates for your specific circumstances.
What are the typical coverages available from auto insurance companies?
Auto insurance policies generally offer the following types of coverage:
- Liability coverage: This covers damages or injuries you cause to others or their property. It typically includes three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and property damage.
- Medical expense coverage: This provides coverage for short-term medical expenses resulting from an accident, such as surgery, nursing services, and prosthetic devices. It can be used in conjunction with health insurance or as a standalone coverage.
- Collision coverage: This pays for damage to your Cherokee resulting from colliding with another vehicle or object. A deductible applies, and the coverage kicks in after the deductible is met.
- Uninsured or underinsured coverage: This protects you when the at-fault driver in an accident doesn’t have insurance or has insufficient coverage. It covers injuries to you and your vehicle.
- Comprehensive protection: This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle from events other than collision, such as vandalism, fire damage, and theft. Like collision coverage, it also has a deductible.
It’s important to review and understand the specifics of each coverage before making a decision.
How can I reduce 2001 Jeep Cherokee insurance prices?
To reduce insurance prices, consider the following tips:
- Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best price.
- Look for discounts that you qualify for, such as safe driver discounts or multi-policy discounts.
- Consider increasing your deductibles, but make sure they’re still affordable for you.
- Evaluate your coverage needs and remove any unneeded coverages.
- Don’t sacrifice essential coverages to save money. It’s crucial to have adequate liability coverage to protect your assets.
Remember, the more times you compare quotes, the higher the chances of finding affordable insurance. Additionally, smaller insurers may offer competitive rates for niche markets. However, it’s important to balance cost-saving measures with maintaining appropriate coverage for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area