Cheapest 1998 Cadillac DeVille Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you had enough of not being able to afford to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other drivers.
There are many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find a good deal.
Low Cost Car Insurance
There are a variety of methods to compare 1998 Cadillac DeVille car insurance prices but one way is more efficient than others. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
All the larger companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit their information once, and at least one company provides a quote for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for every car insurance company.
To access this free quoting program, click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which providers you want to price. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to request quotes from, we put together a list of car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, be sure to compare exactly the same quote information on every quote. If each company quotes different values for each quote you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Cadillac DeVille. Just a small difference in coverages may cause a big price difference. It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding a lower rate.
How can Progressive, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your policy. But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a driver they prefer could be over the age of 40, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who do not match these standards must pay more money and this can result in business not being written. The ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully claim big savings.
This illustrates why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Cadillac DeVille insurance rates.
How much can you save with discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on DeVille coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Bundle and Save – If you have multiple policies with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Good Student – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here to view.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- What is medical payments coverage?
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as falling objects, fire damage and theft. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac DeVille.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance – This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, medical services, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your DeVille caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Best coverage at the best price
In this article, we covered many ideas to lower your 1998 Cadillac DeVille insurance rates. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the lesser-known companies. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Affordable insurance can be sourced from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to find cheap insurance for a 1998 Cadillac DeVille?
Yes, it is possible to find affordable insurance for a 1998 Cadillac DeVille. However, insurance premiums are influenced by various factors such as your driving history, location, age, and the coverage options you choose.
What steps can I take to find the cheapest insurance for my 1998 Cadillac DeVille?
To find affordable insurance for your 1998 Cadillac DeVille, you can consider the following steps:
- Compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates.
- Opt for higher deductibles if you can afford to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Explore discounts offered by insurance companies, such as safe driver discounts or multi-policy discounts.
- Maintain a clean driving record and avoid traffic violations or accidents.
- Install safety features in your vehicle, such as anti-theft devices or alarms, which may lower your premiums.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a 1998 Cadillac DeVille?
Yes, there are a few considerations for insuring a 1998 Cadillac DeVille:
- The value of the vehicle: Since the car is older, its market value may be lower, which can potentially reduce insurance premiums.
- Safety features: Some insurance providers offer discounts if your vehicle is equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes or airbags.
- Maintenance and repairs: The cost of maintaining and repairing an older vehicle can be higher, which may affect insurance rates.
How can I find insurance providers that offer coverage for a 1998 Cadillac DeVille?
You can start by contacting insurance companies directly and inquiring about coverage for your specific vehicle. Additionally, you can use online insurance comparison websites to obtain quotes from multiple providers at once, making it easier to find the most affordable options.
Are there any specialized insurance options for classic or vintage cars like the 1998 Cadillac DeVille?
Yes, some insurance providers offer specialized coverage for classic or vintage cars. These policies may consider factors such as the car’s age, condition, and historical value. It’s advisable to reach out to insurance companies specializing in classic car insurance to inquire about specific coverage options for your 1998 Cadillac DeVille.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area