Cheapest 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper auto insurance rates for your GMC Sierra 2500? People new to comparing rates online will discover buying the cheapest auto insurance quite challenging.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes at least once a year because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for Sierra coverage a year ago you may be paying too much now. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re going to learn one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Which Insurance is Cheapest?
All major insurance companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get pricing on their websites. Getting quotes doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as requested by the quote form. Upon sending the form, their system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and provides a quote.
Quoting online simplifies rate comparisons, but the time required to go to different websites and fill out multiple forms is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step in order to find better prices.
Compare rates the easy way
A less time-consuming method to find better insurance pricing is to use a quote form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes comparison shopping much easier to do. After your information is entered, it is quoted and you can choose any of the quotes returned.
If the quotes result in lower rates, you can click and sign and buy the new coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and could lower your rates considerably.
In order to get comparison pricing now, click here and submit the form. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you replicate the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This ensures you are getting rate quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
Take advantage of discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Waiver – A few companies will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Resident Student – Children who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more for Sierra coverage than drivers with accident claims.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies who offer car insurance discounts, follow this link.
How to know if you need help
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1998 GMC Sierra 2500?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sierra 2500 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, surgery, ambulance fees and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Shop. Compare. Save.
We covered many tips how you can get a better price on 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the least-expected company.
Affordable insurance can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance coverage companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices and coverage options.
- Maintain a good driving record: Having a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can help you qualify for lower rates.
- Look for discounts: Inquire about any available discounts, such as multi-policy discounts, safe driver discounts, or discounts for safety features.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Increasing your deductibles can lower your insurance premiums, but it means you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Consider the vehicle’s safety features: The 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 may have certain safety features. Inform your insurer about these features, as they may help reduce your rates.
What factors affect insurance rates for a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500?
Several factors can influence insurance rates for a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500. Some key factors include:
- The driver’s age, driving record, and location
- The vehicle’s value, safety features, and repair costs
- The frequency and severity of accidents involving similar models
- The coverage options and limits chosen by the policyholder
What type of coverage is typically recommended for a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500?
It is generally recommended to have at least the following types of coverage for a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500:
- Liability insurance: This covers injuries or property damage you may cause to others in an accident.
- Collision insurance: This covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it’s damaged in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers non-collision-related damages to your vehicle, such as theft, vandalism, or weather-related incidents.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: This provides coverage if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who has insufficient insurance coverage.
Can installing safety features or anti-theft devices help lower insurance costs for my 1998 GMC Sierra 2500?
Yes, installing safety features or anti-theft devices in your 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 can potentially lower your insurance costs. Safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, and anti-theft devices can reduce the risk of injuries, accidents, and theft, which insurers may reward with lower rates. Be sure to inform your insurance provider about any safety features or anti-theft devices you have installed to potentially qualify for discounts.
Are there any specialized insurance companies that offer better rates for classic or vintage 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 models?
The 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 is not typically considered a classic or vintage vehicle. However, some insurance companies may offer specialized coverage for older vehicles. It’s recommended to research and compare insurance companies that cater to older vehicles to find the best rates for your 1998 GMC Sierra 2500.
Can my insurance rates for a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 be affected by my credit score?
In some states, insurance companies may consider credit scores when determining insurance rates. However, not all states allow this practice. It’s best to check with your insurance provider to see if they use credit scores as a rating factor and how it may impact your rates.
Are there any specific discounts available for insuring a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500?
Yes, there may be specific discounts available for insuring a 1998 GMC Sierra 2500. Here are some common discounts you can inquire about:
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you have multiple vehicles insured with the same insurance provider, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations may qualify you for a discount.
- Safety feature discount: If your 1998 GMC Sierra 2500 is equipped with safety features such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, or anti-theft devices, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Bundling discount: If you have multiple insurance policies, such as auto and home insurance, with the same provider, you may qualify for a discount by bundling them together.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area