1998 Isuzu Hombre Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better insurance prices for your Isuzu Hombre could be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to find lower rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance coverage online so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to get price quotes on a Isuzu and find the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Finding Auto Insurance
Performing a rate comparison can be challenging if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price for coverage. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which companies to get quotes from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have assembled a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples information for each price quote. If each company quotes different deductibles you will not be able to decipher which rate is best.
How much can you save with discounts?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to bad drivers.
- College Student – Children who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Hombre insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Own a Home – Owning a house can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on auto insurance for Hombre insurance.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
Complexity of Isuzu Hombre insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Marriage pays dividends – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on auto insurance. It translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Car insurance is designed for larger claims.
- High deductibles save money – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be for Hombre insurance.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – The liability section of your policy is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- If my 1998 Isuzu Hombre is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Specific coverages for an Isuzu Hombre
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, theft, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses like dental work, surgery, hospital visits and chiropractic care. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This coverage covers damage to your Hombre resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like emergency aid, medical expenses, funeral expenses and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Isuzu Hombre.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Best coverage at the best price
You just learned a lot of tips how to lower your 1998 Isuzu Hombre insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
Cost effective insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium, being labeled a high risk driver or even extreme rates for teen drivers. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance coverage companies can be pretty painless.
More detailed insurance coverage information is located in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area