Cheapest 1998 Land Rover Range Rover Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Land Rover Range Rover? No one in their right mind cherishes buying insurance, especially knowing the price is too high. Many auto insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every company to discover the definitive lowest cost out there.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons is to know the trick all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide details such as if it has an anti-theft system, daily mileage, driver details, and if you went to college. Your rating data gets sent immediately to insurance carriers in your area and they respond with quotes within a short period of time.
Cut your insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may find discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy online.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on insurance for Range Rover coverage.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts are:
Check with all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not be available in every state.
You are unique and your insurance should be too
When buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Does my 1998 Land Rover Range Rover qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 1998 Land Rover Range Rover?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 1998 Land Rover Range Rover.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Range Rover resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance – This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like attorney fees, bail bonds, medical expenses and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and hail damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as nursing services, X-ray expenses, hospital visits, pain medications and dental work. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1998 Land Rover Range Rover?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1998 Land Rover Range Rover, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Increasing your deductible can lower your insurance premium. However, be sure to choose a deductible amount that you can comfortably afford.
- Bundle policies: Inquire about discounts available for bundling your Land Rover insurance with other policies, such as homeowners or renters insurance.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Insurance companies often offer lower rates to drivers with a good driving history, so strive to maintain a clean record.
- Explore discounts: Inquire about any available discounts such as multi-car discounts, safe driver discounts, or loyalty discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer usage-based insurance programs where your premium is based on your driving habits. If you are a safe driver, this could potentially save you money.
- Install safety features: Equipping your Land Rover with safety features such as anti-theft devices, airbags, and anti-lock brakes may make you eligible for discounts.
- Review your coverage needs: Ensure you have the appropriate coverage for your vehicle’s age and value. For an older vehicle like a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover, you may want to consider dropping comprehensive and collision coverage if it exceeds the vehicle’s value.
Are there any specific insurance companies that offer cheaper rates for a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover?
Insurance rates can vary depending on several factors, including your location, driving history, and the insurance company itself. However, some insurance companies may be more favorable towards insuring a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover. It is recommended to reach out to multiple insurance providers and request quotes specifically for your vehicle to find the best rates available.
Is the cost of insurance for a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover generally higher compared to other vehicles?
Generally, insurance costs for a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover may be higher compared to other vehicles. This is because Land Rover vehicles, including the Range Rover, often fall into the luxury SUV category, which can result in higher insurance premiums due to factors such as higher repair costs and potential theft rates. However, insurance rates can vary depending on several factors, so it is always advisable to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare prices.
Are there any specific factors that affect the insurance cost for a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover, including:
- Age and condition of the vehicle: Older vehicles may have lower values, which can affect the cost of coverage, especially for comprehensive and collision coverage.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location, including factors such as population density, crime rates, and the prevalence of accidents in your area.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can increase your insurance rates.
- Coverage options: The level of coverage you choose, such as liability-only or comprehensive coverage, will impact the cost of insurance.
- Deductibles: Higher deductibles can lower your premium, but you’ll be responsible for paying more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Insurance company: Different insurance companies have their own rating systems and factors that they consider when determining premiums. Rates can vary significantly between providers.
Can I get classic car insurance for my 1998 Land Rover Range Rover?
The eligibility for classic car insurance typically requires vehicles to be of a certain age (often 20 years or older), have limited usage, and be in well-maintained condition. While a 1998 Land Rover Range Rover is over 20 years old, classic car insurance eligibility criteria can vary between insurance companies. It is advisable to reach out to insurance providers specializing in classic car insurance to inquire about their specific requirements and whether they offer coverage for your Land Rover.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area