Cheapest 1998 Lexus SC 300 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 15, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Lexus SC 300? I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying auto insurance, in particular when the price is too high. Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare auto insurance companies and get the definite best rate
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, buy you may qualify for discounts to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you are paying more than you should be.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for SC 300 coverage.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for insurance coverage for SC 300 coverage.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your state.
How to Get Cheap Insurance
All the larger insurance companies provide prices for coverage on the web. Getting online rates doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your personal and coverage information into the quote form. When the form is submitted, their system will order your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. This helps simplify price comparisons, but the time it takes to visit a lot of sites and type in the same information is monotonous and tiresome. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get a lower rate.
The better way to compare rates
A less time-consuming method to find lower prices uses one simple form that gets prices from several companies at one time. This type of form saves time, reduces the work, and makes online price comparison much easier. Immediately after submitting the form, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the quotes that you receive.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase the new policy. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To get comparison pricing now, click here to open in a new tab and submit the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with deductibles and limits as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will get comparison quotes based on identical coverages.
Lexus SC 300 insurance rates are influenced by…
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies award lower rates to people who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident.
- How your age affects price – Youthful drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- Your credit rating is important – Your credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1998 Lexus SC 300 by repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money when buying car insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- If my 1998 Lexus SC 300 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Do drivers who switch really save?
Drivers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to have a common claim of big savings if you switch to their company.
How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies can use profiling for the driver that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured who fits that profile will get the preferred rates and as a result will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who don’t meet the requirements will be charged more money and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
That is why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Lexus SC 300 insurance rates.
Car insurance coverage considerations
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages offered by car insurance companies.
This coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers claims like emergency aid, loss of income and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses, funeral costs and prosthetic devices. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 1998 Lexus SC 300.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This will pay to fix damage to your SC 300 resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
More choices the merrier
We just covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 1998 Lexus SC 300 insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from a small mutual company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area