Cheapest 1998 Porsche Boxster Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Porsche Boxster? Nobody I know looks forward to paying for insurance coverage, in particular when their premiums are through the roof. You have so many car insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, too many choices makes it more difficult to get the best deal.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest rates on Boxster insurance a few years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the easiest way to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
This article will familiarize you with the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using this information. Consumers only need to know the most efficient way to shop online.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but some must be inquired about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Porsche can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Porsche Boxster insurance rates are influenced by…
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent car theft.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in less populated areas can be a good thing when buying insurance. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers tend to have much more traffic to deal with and longer commute times. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.You may then be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability insurance will protect you if ever you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Porsche earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
How can State Farm, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from the likes of State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies say the same thing that you can save after switching your coverage to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who fall outside the requirements must pay higher prices which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This illustrates why drivers should get quotes from several different companies. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Porsche Boxster insurance.
Specific coverages for a 1998 Porsche Boxster
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverages offered by insurance companies.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as court costs, bail bonds and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for things like chiropractic care, rehabilitation expenses, pain medications and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Porsche Boxster.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as rock chips in glass, falling objects and a broken windshield. The most your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
More quotes. Lower rates.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest 1998 Porsche Boxster insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of ways to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Other learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area