Cheapest 1999 Porsche Boxster Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Porsche Boxster? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Porsche Boxster can turn out to be difficult, but you can follow the following methods to save time. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance coverage rates and you need to know the proper way to get price quotes on a Porsche and obtain the lowest price.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons is to know the fact most larger insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as daily mileage, if you’re married, types of safety features, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. The rating information gets transmitted to many different companies and they return quotes immediately.
Be sure to get all your discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so we researched some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums for Boxster coverage.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates when buying insurance for Boxster coverage.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- E-sign – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Own a Home – Simply owning a home may trigger a insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of providers offering insurance discounts, click here to view.
What determines your Porsche Boxster insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Even one ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. If you have serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Sex matters – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you if ever you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Porsche Boxster earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my 1999 Porsche Boxster covered for smoke damage?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Boxster from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a broken windshield, theft and damage from flooding. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things like funeral expenses, bail bonds, pain and suffering and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Porsche Boxster.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Coverage for medical expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like dental work, nursing services and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
A little work can save a LOT of money
We just showed you a lot of information how to shop for 1999 Porsche Boxster insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
Insureds who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices or delays in paying claims. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding the right insurance provider can be easier than you think.
Cost effective insurance is available online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area