Lower Your 1998 Toyota Avalon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates? Shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Toyota Avalon insurance. They can either spend hours calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to get price quotes on a Toyota and get the lowest price.
Quick Car Insurance Quotes
There are several ways to compare Toyota Avalon car insurance quotes, but some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to agents in your area, or you could use the internet to get pricing more quickly.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit one quote, and at least one company provides a quote. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company. To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to compare rates, we have a page of car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare the exact same coverage limits for each price quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it’s impossible to truly determine the lowest rate.
How much can you save with discounts?
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but a few need to be asked for before they will apply. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may save up to 50% more on Avalon insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can save substantially when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance on Avalon insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Drivers Education – Have your child enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click here.
Why your Toyota Avalon insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the factors that factor into rates.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Your deductibles define the amount you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are running into the backend of another car, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on Avalon insurance.
- Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many insurance companies will give a discount to people who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, you may still want to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the higher your rate. Most companies apply a rate based on their usage. Cars that are left in the garage receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Verify your insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Avalon can cost quite a bit.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit history is a huge factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 1998 Toyota Avalon by repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your insurance costs. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing adequate coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for X-ray expenses, funeral costs, ambulance fees, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hail damage. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Toyota Avalon.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Avalon from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a mailbox, rolling your car, colliding with another moving vehicle, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
In any little way, save everyday
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is not as hard as you think.
We covered some good ideas how you can compare 1998 Toyota Avalon insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional learning opportunities
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area