Cheapest 1996 Toyota Avalon Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Toyota Avalon? Locating the cheapest insurance for your Toyota Avalon could be a lot of work, but you can follow these tips to save time.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy auto insurance so you’re going to learn the proper way to price shop coverage for a Toyota and find the best price possible.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to reduce the price you pay and still get good coverage. Pricing more affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Drivers just need to understand the proper way to compare rates on the web.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Effectively comparing insurance coverage prices can be exhausting if you don’t know the easiest way. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most car insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers submit their information once, and each participating company can provide price quotes. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests to each company.
To find out how much you can save on insurance coverage click here (opens in new window).
The only drawback to using this type of form is you can’t choose which companies you want pricing from. So if you want to select specific providers to compare prices, we have a listing of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Which method you use is up to you, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles on each one it will be impossible to make an equal comparison.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better auto insurance rates on Avalon insurance.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could save 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Avalon insurance with select insurance companies.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Avalon insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on auto insurance on Avalon insurance.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
Insurance companies who might offer these discounts are:
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- If my 1996 Toyota Avalon is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Avalon resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as pain medications, prosthetic devices and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like attorney fees, medical expenses, bail bonds and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I compare insurance coverage costs for my Toyota Avalon?
To compare insurance coverage costs, you have two options. You can use an industry program where you submit your information once and receive price quotes from multiple participating companies. Alternatively, you can choose specific insurance providers to compare prices by using a listing of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area.
What should I consider when comparing insurance quotes?
When comparing insurance quotes, make sure to compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each quote. If you compare different limits and deductibles, it will be difficult to make an equal comparison.
Are there any discounts available to lower auto insurance costs?
Yes, there are discounts available to help reduce the cost of car insurance. Some discounts are automatically applied when you purchase a policy, while others need to be requested. Examples of discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts. Each insurance company may offer different discounts, so it’s essential to check with them to see which ones you qualify for.
When should I use an insurance agent?
If you have specific questions about your insurance coverage needs or if you’re unsure about certain aspects of auto insurance, it may be beneficial to consult with a licensed insurance agent. They can provide personalized guidance based on your situation and help you find the most suitable coverage for your needs.
What are some key terms to understand in an auto insurance policy?
Understanding the terms used in an auto insurance policy can be challenging. Here are a few important ones:
- Collision coverage: This pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with another vehicle or object.
- Comprehensive insurance: This covers damage to your vehicle from events other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: This protects you and your vehicle if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who either has insufficient insurance or no insurance at all.
- Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): These coverages reimburse medical expenses resulting from an accident, including doctor visits and pain medications.
- Liability auto insurance: This covers damages or injuries you cause to others. It does not cover your own injuries or vehicle damage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area