Cheapest 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 1, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series? Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to pay your car insurance bill each month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers. Lots of auto insurance companies contend to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest cost out there.
Consumers need to compare prices quite often because insurance rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on C/K Series coverage a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to get good coverage at a lower rate.
How to Lower Your Car Insurance Cost
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you don’t know the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend your afternoon driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes for quick rates.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to an insurance system where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each participating company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions to each individual car insurance company.
To compare 1999 Chevy C/K 3500 Series rates now click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose the insurers you will receive quotes from. If you would rather choose individual companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just compare exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles with every price quote. If you enter differing limits it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Get lower rates on Chevy C/K 3500 Series insurance
Companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could mean lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
These factors can influence Chevy C/K 3500 Series insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that go into determining insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- An active claims history can cost you – Car insurance companies give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. These may sound like a good investment initially, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- More miles equals more premium – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your C/K 3500 Series may be costing you.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Your driving record has a big impact on rates. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Just one moving violation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who get serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – Having a bad credit history is a important factor in calculating your insurance rates. Therefore, if your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series by improving your rating. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving without insurance is a misdemeanor and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state department of motor vehicles.
Slick advertising tricks that work
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you move to their company.
How do they all make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer could be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside the requirements will be quoted higher prices and this can result in business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully make those claims. This emphasizes why it is so important to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance coverage company will provide you with the cheapest Chevy C/K 3500 Series insurance rates.
Insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by insurance companies.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy C/K 3500 Series.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your C/K 3500 Series resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, funeral expenses, structural damage, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like ambulance fees, surgery, nursing services and dental work. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Save your hard earned cash
Low-cost 1999 Chevy C/K 3500 Series insurance is definitely available both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices and coverage options. Different insurers may offer different rates, so it’s important to explore your options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium. However, keep in mind that you will be responsible for paying the deductible amount out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Insurance companies often offer lower rates to drivers with a clean driving history. Avoid traffic violations and accidents to qualify for better rates.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask the insurance companies about any available discounts that you may be eligible for, such as good student discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for safety features on your vehicle.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance providers offer usage-based insurance programs where your premium is based on your driving habits. If you are a safe driver, this type of insurance can result in lower premiums.
Are there any specific factors that affect the insurance cost for a 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series?
Yes, several factors can influence the insurance cost for a 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series:
- Vehicle value: The value of your 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series can impact insurance costs. Generally, older vehicles have lower values, which can result in lower premiums.
- Vehicle safety features: The presence of safety features in your Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series, such as airbags, anti-lock brakes, or an anti-theft system, can lead to discounts on your insurance premium.
- Driving record: Your driving record plays a significant role in determining your insurance rates. A clean driving history with no accidents or traffic violations can help you secure lower premiums.
- Location: Where you live can affect insurance rates. If you reside in an area with high vehicle theft rates or a high number of accidents, your insurance premiums may be higher.
- Insurance coverage and deductibles: The level of coverage you choose and the deductibles you opt for will impact your insurance costs. Higher coverage limits and lower deductibles generally result in higher premiums.
Can I obtain insurance for a 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series if it has a salvage title?
It may be possible to obtain insurance for a 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series with a salvage title, but it can be more challenging. Insurance providers typically consider salvage title vehicles as higher risks due to their prior damage or significant repairs.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series used for commercial purposes?
Yes, if you are using your 1999 Chevrolet C/K 3500 Series for commercial purposes, such as hauling or towing, you may require commercial auto insurance instead of personal auto insurance. Commercial auto insurance policies are designed to cover vehicles used for business activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area