Cheapest 1999 Ford Taurus Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Ford Taurus? Overpriced Ford Taurus insurance can overdraw your bank account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Shopping your coverage around is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to tighten up your finances. Having so many companies and agents to choose from, it’s difficult to find the lowest cost car insurance company.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Taurus coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. There is a lot of wrong information about car insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some good information on how to buy car insurance cheaper.
Comprehensive Insurance Comparison
Reducing your 1999 Ford Taurus insurance rates can be quick and easy. Consumers just need to take a few minutes to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This easy form prevents you from having to do a different quote for each company. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A harder way to get quotes online requires a trip to each individual company website and request a quote. For instance, we’ll assume you want to compare USAA, Farmers and GEICO. You would have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of getting rate comparisons is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. The internet makes this process obsolete unless you want the professional advice only provided by licensed agents. Drivers can price shop online and still use a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
However you get your quotes, make sure you use exactly the same quote information for each price quote. If your comparisons have higher or lower deductibles it will be very difficult to find the best deal for your Ford Taurus.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can you really save that much by switching?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies have a common claim of big savings if you move your policy.
But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured could possibly be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. Because you never know which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Ford Taurus insurance.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden insurance coverage savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less when compared to bad drivers.
- Federal Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on Taurus coverage depending on your company.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive a small decrease in premiums on Taurus coverage.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere.
When might I need an agent?
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions may help you determine if you may require specific advice.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- When should I not file a claim?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Ford Taurus.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability insurance – This can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses like surgery, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Taurus from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like crashing into a building, driving through your garage door, colliding with a tree and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, vandalism, fire damage and damage from flooding. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Have money to burn
Throughout this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on 1999 Ford Taurus insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the best prices are with the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
The cheapest insurance can be sourced on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I reduce my 1999 Ford Taurus insurance rates?
To reduce your insurance rates, it’s recommended to compare rate quotes from different insurance companies. You can do this by using the free quote tool on our website or by contacting insurance companies directly. Make sure to use the same quote information for each comparison to find the best deal.
Can I really save money by switching insurance companies?
Yes, switching insurance companies can potentially save you money. Insurance companies have preferred customer profiles that are more profitable for them. By comparing quotes from different companies, you increase your chances of finding a company that offers lower rates based on your specific profile.
How can I make sure I’m getting all the discounts available to me?
Insurance companies offer various discounts, but they may not list them all in an easily accessible way. It’s important to ask each company about the discounts they offer and whether you qualify for them. Some common discounts include multi-vehicle discounts, safe driver discounts, and bundling discounts.
When might I need an agent for buying car insurance?
The need for an agent depends on your personal situation. If you have specific questions about your coverage needs or if you’re unsure about certain aspects of car insurance, it may be helpful to consult with a licensed agent. They can provide personalized advice and help you find the right coverage options.
What are the different coverages available on a car insurance policy?
Auto insurance policies offer various types of coverage. Some common coverage types include liability insurance, which covers damage to others in an accident; uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, which protects you if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver; and collision and comprehensive coverage, which provide protection for damage to your own vehicle.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my Ford Taurus?
To find the cheapest insurance rates, it’s recommended to compare quotes from different insurance companies. You can use our free quote tool on this page to view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates. By comparing quotes, you increase your chances of finding the best price for your Ford Taurus insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area