Cheapest 1999 Toyota Camry Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance rates for your Toyota Camry? Trying to find cheaper insurance for a new or used Toyota Camry can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance and you need to know the proper way to quote coverages for your Toyota and locate the lowest price.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes quite often because prices change frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest rates for Camry insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
The quickest method to compare rates is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to give free rates quotes. All consumers are required to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including daily mileage, whether or not you need a SR-22, how much school you completed, and an estimate of your credit level. The rating information is then sent to multiple companies and they return rate quotes almost instantly.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you move to them.
But how can every company make the same claim?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For instance, a profitable customer could be a mature driver, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. A driver who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside the requirements will have to pay a higher premium which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can claim big savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare many company’s rates. Because you never know the company that will give you the biggest savings on Toyota Camry insurance.
How to reduce 1999 Toyota Camry insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Camry insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Good Student Discount – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive better insurance coverage rates for Camry insurance.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up online.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies who might offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Double check with each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in every state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- How high should deductibles be on a 1999 Toyota Camry?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverage considerations
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Coverage for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care, surgery and funeral costs. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Camry resulting from a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a building, driving through your garage door and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, medical expenses and structural damage. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Shop. Compare. Save.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cost effective 1999 Toyota Camry insurance can be bought both online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, delays in paying claims and even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 1999 Toyota Camry?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 1999 Toyota Camry, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around: Get quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare prices. Different insurers may offer varying rates, so it’s important to explore your options.
- Consider your coverage needs: Assess the coverage you actually need for your Toyota Camry. Opting for higher deductibles or lowering your coverage limits can often result in lower insurance premiums.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving and avoiding accidents or traffic violations can help reduce your insurance costs. Insurers generally offer better rates to drivers with good records.
- Install safety features: Adding safety features to your 1999 Toyota Camry, such as anti-theft devices, airbags, or an alarm system, can lower your insurance premiums as it reduces the risk of theft or injuries.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask insurance providers about any available discounts that you may qualify for, such as multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, or discounts for completing defensive driving courses.
Are older cars cheaper to insure?
Generally, older cars tend to have lower insurance premiums compared to newer vehicles. This is because older cars typically have a lower market value, which reduces the potential payout for the insurance company in the event of a total loss. However, insurance costs can vary based on several factors, including the make and model of the vehicle, your location, driving history, and coverage options. It’s advisable to obtain quotes from different insurance providers to find the best rates for your specific situation.
What factors affect the cost of insurance for a 1999 Toyota Camry?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 1999 Toyota Camry, including:
- Location: The area where you live can impact your insurance rates. If you reside in an area with high accident rates or theft rates, it may increase your premiums.
- Driving record: Your driving history plays a significant role in determining insurance costs. Drivers with a clean record and no history of accidents or traffic violations generally qualify for lower premiums.
- Coverage options: The type and amount of coverage you choose can affect your insurance costs. Opting for comprehensive coverage or lower deductibles may increase your premiums.
- Vehicle usage: The way you use your 1999 Toyota Camry, such as for personal or business purposes, can impact insurance rates. Business use may result in higher premiums.
- Age and gender: Younger drivers, especially teenagers, typically face higher insurance costs due to their lack of driving experience. Gender can also play a role, as statistically, some groups may have a higher risk profile.
Are there any specific insurance considerations for a 1999 Toyota Camry?
While insurance considerations can vary depending on the insurance provider and your individual circumstances, some factors to consider for a 1999 Toyota Camry may include:
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: Evaluate whether comprehensive and collision coverage is necessary for a vehicle of this age and value. If the cost of the coverage exceeds the potential payout in the event of a claim, you may choose to forgo these options.
- Deductibles: Assess the deductible amounts for comprehensive and collision coverage. Choosing higher deductibles can lower your insurance premiums, but it means you’ll have to pay more out of pocket in the event of a claim.
- Replacement value: Determine the current market value of your 1999 Toyota Camry. If the vehicle’s value is low, you might consider adjusting your coverage accordingly to avoid paying for unnecessary coverage.
- Pre-existing damage: Before purchasing insurance, document any pre-existing damage to your vehicle. This can help avoid potential disputes with insurers if they mistakenly attribute existing damage to new incidents.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area