Cheapest 2000 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for cheaper insurance rates for your Ford Mustang? Nobody I know likes having to buy insurance, especially knowing the price is too high. Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to get the cheapest price
If you have a current insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates while maximizing coverage. Finding the best rates is quite easy. Vehicle owners just need to learn the most efficient way to find the lowest price over the internet.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Rates
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2000 Ford Mustang auto insurance, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to get pricing more quickly.
Many insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers complete one form, and at least one company returns a rated price based on that information. This system prevents you from having to do repetitive form submissions for each company. To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is that consumers can’t choose which companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers for rate comparison, we have a page of companies who write auto insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, double check that you are using the exact same information for each price quote. If you use higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly make an equal comparison.
Elements that influence Ford Mustang insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate prices.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like lawyers, architects and dentists have the highest average rates in part from high stress and long work hours. Other occupations like scientists, historians and performers get better rates on Mustang insurance.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Many auto insurance companies will award you with lower prices to customers who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Sex matters – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. They both cause accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Where you live – Residing in less populated areas can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers regularly have much more traffic to deal with and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked about before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Mustang insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get reduced rates on Mustang insurance.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
Car insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Learn about insurance coverages for a Ford Mustang
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Mustang resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like prosthetic devices, nursing services, funeral costs, surgery and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Ford Mustang.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, bail bonds, funeral expenses, court costs and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Quote more, save more
We just presented a lot of techniques to shop for 2000 Ford Mustang insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When trying to cut insurance costs, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Even more information can be read at these sites:
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area