Lincoln Lincoln LS Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 22, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your Lincoln LS? Locating low-cost insurance for a new or used Lincoln LS can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates so you’re going to learn the proper way to compare rates for a new or used Lincoln and locate the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
You need to check auto insurance prices yearly because insurance rates go up and down regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal for LS coverage a few years ago you can probably find a better price now. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about auto insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get some proven techniques to reduce your auto insurance bill.
If you have a policy now or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Shopping for the lowest cost car insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Drivers just need to understand the best way to compare rates online.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of purchase, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization could trigger savings when buying auto insurance for LS coverage.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you could save up to 5%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your premiums.
For a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, click here.
These factors can influence Lincoln LS insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine your insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower insurance prices.
- Always keep insurance in force – Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Equipment add-ons that lower insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Better credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. So if your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2000 Lincoln LS by improving your credit score. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with poor credit.
- What are your deductibles? – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Lincoln from damage. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, and burglary. Physical damage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your insurance will be for LS coverage.
Different people need different coverages
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, court costs, medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
This covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding, rock chips in glass, vandalism and fire damage. The most a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses such as ambulance fees, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, dental work and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
You can do this!
When you buy insurance online, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
The cheapest 2000 Lincoln LS insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for many reasons like poor customer service, denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider can be easy and end up saving you some money.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area