Compare 2000 Subaru Legacy Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 19, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Subaru Legacy? Trying to find better insurance prices for a Subaru Legacy can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage and you need to know the best way to get price quotes on a Subaru and obtain the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
Pricing the lowest cost coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are insured now or need a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find the best rates and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of how to get comparison rates on the web.
Low Cost Auto Insurance
Reducing your 2000 Subaru Legacy insurance rates can be surprisingly simple. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to compare quotes from different insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form like this one (opens in new window). This form keeps you from doing repetitive form submissions for each company. One quote request will return price quotes instantly. It’s the fastest way to compare.
- A different way to get comparison quotes requires a trip to each company’s website to complete a price quote. For instance, let’s assume you want to compare rates from USAA, Progressive and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to and from local insurance agencies. The ability to buy insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you require the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to find lower rates online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare exactly the same deductibles and coverage limits for every company. If each company quotes different deductibles it will be next to impossible to make an equal comparison.
Save $495 a year? Really?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. They all seem to have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching to their company.
But how can every company make almost identical claims? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a desirable insured might be over the age of 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has great credit. A driver who matches those parameters gets the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who do not match these standards will have to pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers who switch” not “people who quote” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, it is so important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest Subaru Legacy insurance rates.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Legacy insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- College Student – Children who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. The savings is around 10%.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance discounts, click this link.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2000 Subaru Legacy?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2000 Subaru Legacy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, hospital visits, nursing services and dental work. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability insurance provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, attorney fees, bail bonds and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Subaru Legacy.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays for damage to your Legacy from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with a tree. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Be a smart shopper
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, policy non-renewal, unfair underwriting practices or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching insurance companies is easier than you think.
Low-cost 2000 Subaru Legacy insurance can be bought from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Much more information about insurance is located below:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area