Cheapest 1998 Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for the lowest priced Jeep Cherokee insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to price shop coverage for a Jeep and locate the lowest possible price.
Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Drivers just need to learn how to compare rates online.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car is cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- College Student – Children living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
Keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in your area.
Jeep Cherokee rates are in the details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower car insurance prices.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Jeep. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your car insurance will be on Cherokee coverage.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like real estate brokers, executives and financial analysts have higher average rates due to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, engineers and homemakers get better rates on Cherokee coverage.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Jeep Cherokee earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- More miles equals more premium – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rates will be. The majority of insurers rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Cherokee may be costing you. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- Liability coverage is cheap – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Being married actually saves money when buying car insurance. It means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when talking about car insurance. City drivers have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Better credit means lower rates – Credit score is a large factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 1998 Jeep Cherokee by improving your rating. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- If my 1998 Jeep Cherokee is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Does my 1998 Jeep Cherokee qualify for pleasure use?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 1998 Jeep Cherokee?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Coverage for medical expenses – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, surgery, pain medications, prosthetic devices and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as attorney fees, funeral expenses, legal defense fees and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This provides protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Jeep Cherokee.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a building, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
You can do this!
Cost effective 1998 Jeep Cherokee insurance can be found on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation, delays in responding to claim requests or even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
More information is located at the links below
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area