Cheapest 2001 Nissan Xterra Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say you’re not the only one. Many car insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to get the best price available.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to get lower rates while maximizing coverage. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. Vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes on the web.
The method we recommend to compare rates is to know the trick most of the larger companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details including if a SR-22 is needed, if it has an anti-theft system, deductibles desired, and the make and model of your vehicles. Your rating data is instantly sent to multiple companies and they respond with quotes almost instantly.
To find the cheapest 2001 Nissan Xterra insurance rates, click here and enter your zip code.
Is there deception in advertising?
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for car insurance savings from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you can save if you move your coverage to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a preferred risk might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile receives the best rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements will be quoted a more expensive rate and this can result in the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why companies can make those claims. This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. Because you never know which company will give you the biggest savings on Nissan Xterra insurance.
More discounts equal less premium
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on Xterra coverage with certain companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of insurance companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may qualify for better insurance coverage rates on Xterra coverage.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared with bad drivers.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Xterra coverage than drivers with accident claims.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
It’s not one size fits all
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Should I rate my 2001 Nissan Xterra as pleasure use or commute?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Auto insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills like funeral costs, dental work and nursing services. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – Collision insurance covers damage to your Xterra resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Xterra.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims like funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2001 Nissan Xterra insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
Lower-priced insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in these articles:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area