2002 Audi S4 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 30, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2002 Audi S4 are $924 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive costs an estimated $172, collision costs $236, and liability costs around $380. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $428 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $1,980. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,616 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $924
Rate estimates for 2002 Audi S4 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2002 Audi S4 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $428 for just liability insurance to a much higher rate of $1,980 for a high risk driver.
These differences illustrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2002 Audi S4 Insurance
Are you tired of being strong-armed each month for car insurance? You are no different than the majority of other car owners.
Multiple insurance companies compete for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the best rates possible.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but companies offer discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Distant Student – Children who are attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on their website.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
These factors can influence Audi S4 insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Even a single moving violation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Drivers who get flagrant violations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may be required to submit a SR-22 form with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Audi S4 scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurance companies provide better rates to people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount you still need to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married helps lower the price on car insurance. It translates into being more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying when buying car insurance. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, accidental death and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your Audi. A few examples of covered claims would be a windshield shattered by a rock, vandalism, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on S4 coverage.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same coverage
When it comes to choosing coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Switch companies and save? Really?
Insurance companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise about savings if you move to their company. How does each company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies are able to cherry pick for the type of customer that is profitable for them. A good example of a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has a high credit rating. A customer who meets those qualifications gets the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who fall outside the requirements must pay higher premiums and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. This is how insurance companies can advertise the way they do.
This illustrates why it is so important to quote coverage with many companies. Because you never know which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Audi S4 insurance rates.
Auto insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverage types available from auto insurance companies.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things such as medical expenses, structural damage, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from getting keyed, theft, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage covers damage to your S4 resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like funeral costs, nursing services, surgery, doctor visits and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
More choices the merrier
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on 2002 Audi S4 insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a small mutual company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
Low-cost insurance is definitely available online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,458|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,578|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$59|
|5-yr Claim Free||$58|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$35|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.