Cheapest 2009 Audi S4 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower auto insurance rates for your Audi S4? Perplexed by the wide range of auto insurance options? You’re not the only one! People have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into more work than you anticipated to find the best price.
Buying affordable protection is easy if you know what you’re doing. Just about every driver who shops for insurance will be able to lower their premiums. Nevertheless, drivers do need to learn how companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
Shopping for lower auto insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You could waste a few hours talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to send in one quote, and each company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This system prevents you from having to do form submissions to each company.
To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to using this type of system is that consumers can’t choose the providers to receive prices from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a page of low cost auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using identical information with every price quote. If you are comparing different deductibles then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in coverages can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps you find a lower rate.
How to save on Audi S4 insurance
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- E-sign – Certain companies give back up to $50 simply for signing digitally online.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates on insurance on S4 coverage.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on S4 coverage than less cautious drivers.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will reduce your premiums.
To see a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2009 Audi S4?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Why your Audi S4 insurance rates may be high
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that come into play when calculating your insurance rates. Knowing what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better insurance rates.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are many additional coverages that you can buy when buying insurance. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Where you live – Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when it comes to insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Only having one citation can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Audi S4 is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Your credit score is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your 2009 Audi S4 by repairing your credit.
Misconceptions in insurance advertisements
Insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch your coverage to them. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver they prefer to insure. A good example of a desirable insured could be over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters receives the best rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Drivers who do not match these standards will have to pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Audi S4 insurance rates.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, fire damage and falling objects. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, rolling your car and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as EMT expenses, surgery, hospital visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Have the Midas touch
People leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, questionable increases in premium, policy non-renewal or even not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be pretty painless.
The cheapest 2009 Audi S4 insurance is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, an insured dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance can be read below:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I compare auto insurance quotes efficiently?
To compare auto insurance quotes, you have two options. You can either use an online quoting system that allows you to submit your information once and receive quotes from multiple companies, or you can choose specific providers to request quotes from. It’s important to ensure that you use identical information for each quote to make accurate comparisons.
Are there any discounts available to lower my Audi S4 insurance rates?
Yes, there are various discounts that can help reduce your auto insurance premiums. Some discounts are applied automatically at the time of purchase, while others need to be specifically requested. It’s important to note that not all discounts apply to the overall cost of insurance, as some may only apply to specific coverages. To see a list of providers offering insurance discounts, you can follow the provided link.
How do I tailor my coverage to my specific needs?
When selecting auto insurance coverage, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. Your insurance needs depend on various factors. To determine the appropriate coverage for your situation, you can consider questions like your budget, the value of your vehicle, your driving habits, and your personal circumstances. If you find it difficult to answer these questions, it may be helpful to consult a licensed insurance agent.
Why are my Audi S4 insurance rates high?
Several factors can contribute to higher insurance rates for your Audi S4. These factors include your driving history, location, age, credit score, coverage options, and the specific insurance company you choose. Insurance providers assess these factors to determine the level of risk associated with insuring you, which can impact your premiums.
How do insurance companies make similar claims about saving money?
Insurance companies often advertise savings for drivers who switch to their coverage. However, each company has its own preferred type of customer, and the rates they offer may vary based on specific criteria. The advertised savings are typically applicable to a particular target group that matches the company’s preferred profile. To find the best rates, it’s essential to obtain quotes from multiple companies and compare them.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area