2002 Chevrolet Impala Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
No one in their right mind cherishes buying insurance, especially knowing the cost is way too high.
Big-name insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive continually hit you with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see through the cute green geckos and mayhem and find the best price available.
You need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates for Impala insurance a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. So forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn how to use the internet to find the lowest insurance rates for your 2002 Chevy Impala.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to saving some money using this information. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. But car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
How can you get discounts that are great for lower average prices on your Chevy Impala insurance?
Companies offering auto insurance do not list all available discounts very well, so we researched both well-publicized and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply until the age of 25.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing over the internet.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small amount of savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to their current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
It’s important to understand that most of the big markdowns will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collisions. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Also, older vehicles are generally cheaper to insure than newer ones, though that changes if you’re insuring your car as a classic Impala. But if you’re the 1st owner, 2nd owner, 3rd owner, 4th owner, or even 5th owner, you’ll need to get the right type of coverage in case you need vehicle repair. A 2002 Chevy Impala price will also play a factor in your auto insurance rates, as people with newer vehicle models will, on average, pay more for coverages.
Companies that may have these discounts include:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Double-check with each company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
How can you get insurance comparisons?
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The quickest method to compare 2002 Chevy Impala insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done using a couple of different methods.
- Probably the best way consumers can analyze rates is to use a rate comparison form click to view the form in a new window. This method keeps you from doing separate quote forms for every insurance company. A single form will get you price quotes instantly.
- The most time-consuming method to get comparison rates is to spend your day driving to different agent offices. Buying insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless you want the trained guidance of a local agent. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and still use a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits on every quote. If your comparisons have different liability limits it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Chevy Impala. Slightly different coverages can mean a large discrepancy in price. When comparison shopping, obtaining more quotes provides better odds of finding a better price.
Do you need specialized coverage?
When buying coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
What car insurance coverage is available?
Understanding the coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Impala.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This covers damage to your Impala caused by a collision with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, legal defense fees, bail bonds, and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical Pay and Personal Injury Protection
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills like prosthetic devices, funeral costs, and doctor visits. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, fire damage and vandalism. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
What are our final thoughts on Chevy Impala coverage?
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2002 Chevy Impala insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest premiums are with a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to large companies like Allstate and Progressive.
Low-cost insurance for your Impala can be found on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online for your Impala and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
To read more about individual vehicles rates, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area