Cheapest 2002 Ford F-150 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates for your Ford F-150? Want to know how much a 2002 Ford F-150 is worth with insurance rates? Are you sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your Ford every month? Your situation is no different than millions of other consumers.
With consumers having so many online and local companies to choose from, it’s nearly impossible to locate the most affordable provider.
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to save some money using these methods. Nevertheless, drivers do need to know how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Low Cost Insurance
There are a variety of methods to shop for and see how much a 2002 Ford F-150 is worth via insurance, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to achieve your goal.
Most car insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each participating company then gives them pricing determined by their information. This eliminates the need for quote forms to each company. To get comparison pricing now click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which carriers to get pricing from. If you would rather choose specific insurance companies to compare prices, we have a page of insurance companies in your area.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples quote information on every quote. If the quotes have different deductibles it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Slightly different limits may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will increase your chances of finding a better price.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always publicize every discount very well, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings.
- Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for F-150 coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same insurance coverage policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Elements that influence how much a 2002 Ford F-150 is worth via insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the factors used by your company to calculate premiums.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Driving a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a ton of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying car insurance. Things like roadside assistance, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money – Some insurers will award you with lower prices to people who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare rates to verify if the discount is saving money. Drivers may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my 2002 Ford F-150 qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Is my trailer covered?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Car insurance coverages for a 2002 Ford F-150
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as attorney fees, loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2002 Ford F-150.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a bird, hitting a deer and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This covers damage to your 2002 F-150 resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like prosthetic devices, doctor visits, ambulance fees and surgery. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
One last thing
Lower-priced 2002 Ford F-150 insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2002 Ford F-150?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2002 Ford F-150, you can utilize online quotes to compare prices from different insurance companies. Many car insurance companies have a system that allows customers to enter their policy data once and receive pricing from multiple companies based on their information. This eliminates the need to fill out separate quote forms for each company. You can also choose specific insurance companies to compare prices if you prefer. When comparing quotes, make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples in terms of coverage limits and deductibles to get an accurate comparison.
What factors influence the insurance rates for a 2002 Ford F-150?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2002 Ford F-150. These factors include:
- Your driving record: A clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations typically leads to lower insurance rates.
- Your age and gender: Younger drivers, especially males, generally have higher insurance rates due to the higher risk associated with their age group.
- Your location: Insurance rates can vary depending on where you live, as certain areas may have higher rates of accidents or vehicle theft.
- The coverage options you choose: The type and amount of coverage you select will affect your insurance rates. Higher coverage limits and lower deductibles usually result in higher premiums.
- The vehicle’s value and safety features: The value of your 2002 Ford F-150 and its safety features can impact the insurance rates. Vehicles with higher values or advanced safety features may have higher premiums.
When should I use an insurance agent for my auto insurance coverage?
The decision to use an insurance agent for your auto insurance coverage depends on your personal situation and preferences. An insurance agent can provide personalized assistance and guidance in selecting the best coverage options for your needs. They can help assess your risk profile, explain policy terms and coverages, and assist with claims if needed. If you are unsure about the coverage options or have specific questions regarding your auto insurance, consulting with a licensed agent can be beneficial.
What are the typical car insurance coverages for a 2002 Ford F-150?
The typical car insurance coverages for a 2002 Ford F-150 include:
- Liability coverage: This coverage protects you financially if you cause injury or property damage to others in an accident. It consists of bodily injury liability (per person and per accident) and property damage liability limits.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: This coverage protects you if you are involved in an accident with a driver who has no insurance or inadequate insurance to cover the damages.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle caused by events other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Collision coverage: This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle caused by collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- Medical payments (Med pay) and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): These coverages help pay for medical expenses resulting from an accident, regardless of who is at fault. Personal Injury Protection is only available in select states.
What should I consider when comparing insurance quotes?
When comparing insurance quotes, it’s important to ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples quote information on every quote. Pay attention to factors such as deductibles, coverage limits, and any additional services or benefits offered. Small differences in these factors can greatly affect the overall cost and coverage provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area