Cheapest 2002 Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 2, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance rates for your Nissan Pathfinder? Are you confused by the sheer number of insurance options? Many other consumers are too. People have so many companies to choose from that it can quickly become a ton of work to find the lowest price.
Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates are influenced by…
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that go into determining your car insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Many companies give discounts to insureds who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Driving without insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage lapse. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Liability coverage is peace of mind – Liability insurance provides coverage if a court rules you are at fault for damages from an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise every discount very well, so we researched both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Theft Prevention System – Anti-theft and alarm systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with frequent claim filers.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies who might offer these money-saving discounts include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Does my 2002 Nissan Pathfinder qualify for pleasure use?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Pathfinder caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Pathfinder.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like hail damage, fire damage and vandalism. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses such as hospital visits, nursing services, prosthetic devices, funeral costs and doctor visits. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things such as repair bills for other people’s vehicles, attorney fees and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Be a Smart Shopper
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheap 2002 Nissan Pathfinder insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims and poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Additional car insurance information can be found below:
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors influence Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates?
Several factors can influence Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates, including the driver’s age and gender, location, driving record, credit history, the level of coverage chosen, the deductible amount, and the vehicle’s value and safety features.
What discounts are available for Nissan Pathfinder insurance?
Insurance companies may offer various discounts that can help lower your Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates. These discounts can include safe driver discounts, good student discounts, multi-policy discounts, anti-theft device discounts, and more. It’s important to check with each insurance company to determine which discounts you may be eligible for.
When should I consider using an insurance agent?
The decision to use an insurance agent depends on your personal situation and preferences. If you have specific questions about insurance coverage, need assistance in comparing different policies, or prefer to have personalized guidance throughout the process, an insurance agent can be beneficial. They can help assess your needs and recommend suitable coverage options.
What are the different types of coverage in auto insurance?
Auto insurance typically includes various types of coverage. These can include collision insurance, which covers damage to your vehicle caused by a collision with another car or object; comprehensive coverage, which covers damage to your vehicle from non-collision incidents such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters; liability coverage, which covers damages and injuries you cause to others; and medical payments coverage or personal injury protection (PIP), which covers medical expenses for you and your passengers.
How can I be a smart shopper when it comes to auto insurance?
Being a smart shopper involves comparing quotes from multiple insurance companies, understanding the coverage options and limits, considering your specific needs, and not compromising coverage solely for the sake of saving money. It’s important to strike a balance between affordable rates and adequate coverage to protect yourself and your assets.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area