Porsche Porsche 911 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 20, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better car insurance rates for your Porsche 911? Buying low-cost car insurance on the web may be somewhat difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance online. With so many insurance companies available, how can anyone have a chance to compare the different rates to find the best available rates?
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Nevertheless, drivers must comprehend how companies market on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Why your Porsche 911 insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Having a bad credit rating is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2002 Porsche 911 by improving your credit score.
- Being married can save on insurance coverage – Having a spouse actually saves money on your insurance coverage policy. Having a spouse translates into being more mature and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rate. The majority of insurers charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy properly reflects the correct driver usage. If your policy improperly rates your 911 may be wasting your money.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Letting your insurance expire is a guaranteed way to increase your insurance coverage rates. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
Insurance Comparison Rates
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. One of the best ways to find competitive 2002 Porsche 911 insurance rates is to get quotes online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in several different ways.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form prevents you from having to do separate quotation requests to each individual insurance company. One form will return price quotes direct from many companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A less efficient way to compare prices is going to each company’s website and complete a new quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Liberty Mutual, Progressive and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, and that’s why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
Which method you use is up to you, but compare exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote. If the quotes have differing limits then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best. Slightly different limits may result in large price differences. Just keep in mind that quoting more gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads make the same claim that you’ll save big if you move to their company. How do they all make the same claim?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer could be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and is almost guaranteed to pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be quoted a more expensive rate and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. This is how companies can truthfully state the savings. This emphasizes why you should quote coverage with many companies. It’s just too difficult to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Porsche 911 insurance.
Save on 2002 Porsche 911 insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on 911 coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on 911 coverage depending on your company.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member can result in better rates.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies that may have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every prospective company how you can save money. Some discounts might not be offered in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions might point out if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- When should I not file a claim?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Information about specific coverages
Learning about specific coverages of car insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive car insurance – This coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, hitting a bird, vandalism and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability car insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like legal defense fees, medical services, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills for pain medications, dental work, rehabilitation expenses, EMT expenses and funeral costs. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Porsche 911.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Collision coverages – This pays for damage to your 911 resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Knowledge is power
Insureds change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, poor customer service and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, finding a new car insurance company is less work than it seems.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
You just read many ideas to compare 2002 Porsche 911 insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Additional car insurance information is available at the links below
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area