Cheapest 2002 Subaru Outback Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 9, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you sick and tired of paying out the nose to insure your Subaru every month? Your situation is no different than many other consumers. You have so many insurance companies to choose from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to find the best rates.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates yearly because rates change frequently. Just because you found the lowest price for Outback coverage six months ago there may be better deals available now. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage online, so we’re going to give you some good information on how to stop overpaying for insurance.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. If you have a current insurance policy or need new coverage, you will benefit by learning to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Consumers just need to learn how to compare price quotes over the internet.
Complexity of Subaru Outback insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with big savings.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Credit rating is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2002 Subaru Outback by repairing your credit.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect higher rates. Companies award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and thus lower rates. If the Subaru Outback has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates is to realize almost all companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information including how much coverage you want, if it has an alarm system, your occupation, and if the car is leased. That rating information is instantly sent to many different companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
Best discounts on Subaru Outback coverage
Auto insurance companies do not list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Driver Safety – Taking a driver safety course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy for Outback coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
Insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
- Farm Bureau
- Liberty Mutual
- State Farm
- Auto-Owners Insurance
Before buying, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills like doctor visits, dental work, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, medical services, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Subaru Outback.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, falling objects, damage from getting keyed and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Outback caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Better coverage you can count on
Low-cost 2002 Subaru Outback insurance can be found from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Additional information is located below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the rates for insuring a 2002 Subaru Outback?
The rates for insuring a 2002 Subaru Outback are influenced by various factors, including the driver’s age, driving history, location, coverage options, deductible amount, and the specific insurance company’s pricing strategy. These factors are taken into consideration when determining the premium for your insurance policy.
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2002 Subaru Outback?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2002 Subaru Outback, it’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. You can use our free quote tool by entering your ZIP code to view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates.
What are some of the best discounts available for Subaru Outback coverage?
Auto insurance companies offer several discounts that can help you save money on Subaru Outback coverage. Common ones include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, and discounts for safety features installed in your vehicle. Ask each insurance company you’re considering which discounts you may be eligible for.
How do I know what coverage options are best for me and my Subaru Outback?
The ideal coverage options for your Subaru Outback depend on your individual circumstances and needs. Consider factors such as your budget, the value of your vehicle, your driving habits, and your desired level of protection. Consulting with a licensed insurance agent can help you assess your situation and determine coverage options that suit you best.
What are the different types of coverage included in auto insurance policies?
Auto insurance policies typically include various types of coverage. Common coverage types include:
- Liability coverage: Protects against damages or injuries you cause to others.
- Medical payments coverage: Covers medical expenses for you and your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Provides protection when involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: Covers damages to your vehicle in different scenarios.
Understanding these coverage types is important for making informed decisions when selecting your auto insurance policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area