Acura Acura TL Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for lower insurance coverage rates for your Acura TL? Feel like you’re a prisoner to overpriced insurance coverage? Believe me, many consumers feel financially strained by their insurance coverage policy. Since consumers have many insurance providers from which to choose, it can be impossible to find the lowest price provider.
This article will help you learn the most effective way to quote insurance. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using this information. Consumers just need to know the most effective way to get comparison rates online.
Finding Insurance Coverage
Cutting your insurance coverage rates doesn’t have to be difficult. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes to compare rate quotes online with multiple companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The fastest way to get the best comparison quotes is to use a rate comparison form click here to open form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotes for every insurance coverage company. Filling out one form will return price quotes from many national carriers.
- A slightly less efficient method to obtain and compare quotes online is to take the time to go to the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Progressive, GEICO and Travelers. To get rate quotes you would need to take the time to go to each site and enter your policy data, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is to drive around to local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance coverage online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional advice of a local agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but still have the advice of a local agent. We’ll cover that shortly.
Which method you use is up to you, but ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have different values for each quote it will be impossible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Can switching companies really save?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by State Farm and Allstate. They all have a common claim about savings if you switch to their company.
How does each company claim to save you money?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the driver that earns them a profit. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will get very good rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who do not match this ideal profile will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It is impossible to predict which car insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Acura TL insurance.
Discounts are basically free money
Car insurance is not cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many people don’t even know exist. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but some must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don’t have any claims prior to the accident.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance for TL coverage.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. But all discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which insurance is the “right” coverage?
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my 2003 Acura TL need full coverage?
- Is my 2003 Acura TL covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Information about specific coverages
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as ambulance fees, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to other’s property or people by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, attorney fees and emergency aid. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your TL from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for claims like rolling your car, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Acura TL.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, falling objects and theft. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Shop. Compare. Save.
Low-cost 2003 Acura TL insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We covered a lot of ways to get a better price on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information can be found in these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area